Tuesday 23 January 2018

It's time for a Ross River Update...



Well Ross and I have been together for a whole 16 weeks now. And he is the ultimate Stage 5 clinger. This guy just won't leave me alone. His love for me is still as strong as ever. But like every dysfunctional relationship we are learning to coexist with each other a little bit better.

So after 4 months of being with Ross this is what it is like..

1. Everyday is still like waking up with a hangover.  But without the fun of the night before.

2. I still sleep. A lot. And spend a lot of time in bed. Like a lot. A real lot.

3.When I get over tired or don't rest enough the virus moves through out my body. I get pins and needles through out my whole body until it finds a spot to rest. Kind of like the wheel spinning in a game of roulette.  For the last week Ross has decided there is not better spot to rest but my wrists. To the point where I can't hold anything. God forbid last week I couldn't even hold my phone.

               


But on the positive....

1. I can do a bit more. Like I can clean my house AND I finally folded my washing from Bali.... which has been sitting in the laundry from 14 weeks ago. Don't worry though- I still don't make my bed.

2. I don't cry all the time anymore. This is a positive for my friends who are sick to death of crying Friday. But don't say anything to upset me......

3. I can actually exercise a bit. Yesterday I took Ross for a 5km run. In the time I would usually run 10km- but a run is a run.

4. I have cleared through my " to view" list from Netflix, Stan and Foxtel.( Animal Kingdom- you MUST watch Animal Kingdom).

5. Yesterday I cooked a meal for my daughter and I. Yep the first time I have made something from scratch. AND I even had the energy to wash the dishes straight after and not 3 days later. 

All of these little positives are good because I head back to work on Monday and I'm not going to lie- I am shit scared of how it is going to go. I can just make it through the day doing the bare minimum, so a day, and then a week of work does seem even more daunting than running a marathon. Or that stupid 100km run the boys from work made me do. 

But I am looking forward to seeing my work buddies.. they just might have to get used to seeing me asleep on the couch at recess.

No comments:

Post a Comment