Tuesday 25 October 2016

Make Up for summer is looking fresh.

Exciting news everyone- it is time to step away from the heavy contour and put down the false eyelashes! Make up is about to change, and just in time for summer.


Summer- we want to look like Margot Robbie.


The makeup for Summer is natural, fresh and glowy. Which let's face it is a blessing for anyone over 30- because all that heavy make up can make you look like a drag queen.

Foundation needs to be fresh- a BB Cream is perfect for this. You don't want to not look like you have plastered on your foundation.  BB Cream with some concealer where you need it can be a great option to a heavy foundation especially during the day when it seems to slide off your face.






Get yourself some blush- yes blush. It can be a natural brown, or a pretty pink, but you want some colour in those cheeks. Don't forget about liquid blush as well. This can be a great option.


Nars Orgasm. An oldie but a goodie.

Your lips can be still be nude, but your nude is going to be less opaque nude to almost a plain gloss. You could also put on a pink, or head for a magenta if you feel the need for a bright. According to one website I read they said that obviously lined lips was going to be a hit for summer. As someone who has lived through the 80's I'm not sure this is a trend I want to relive. But I would be grabbing my MAC Spice lipliner and Mac Pure Zen Lipstick as my essentials.





Your eyes need to be bright- so either go easy on the eyeshadow so your eyes shine through, get bright colours happening so you look like you have stepped out of a WHAM music video from the 80's, or get a beautiful olive green. You can still line with some liquid liner- but make it very fine. Lashes - just get a really good mascara. No need for the fake lashes.

Your brows are still need and well defined- but not too defined. No more dark caterpillars.



You can still contour- but you want it to look natural. Aim for a more shimmer highlighter and if it is rose gold- that is even better. If you still like a bit of contour on your cheeks make sure you blend.

Finally it is all about nails. Still a natural length, but crazy patterns and colour. I will not be doing crazy patterns and colour because I don't have time for that nonsense. But stick on nail polish is a great option. Head over here to Jamberry to have a look at the selection of stick on nail polish.

Finally you need to finish off your look with a tan. I love a good tan, and I do love a bit of sun, but I must admit in this day and age fake tan away. I'm looking a rather delightful shade of tan at the moment, due to my Bondi Sands gradual tan which I apply every second night and  the Bondi Sands dry oil which I put on with the mitt once a week.




Hair- lets go for some soft waves, half up/down do, a messy bun or pony tail or if all else fails- lets go for a braid. 


So there you have it- everything you need for a beautiful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment