Tuesday 17 March 2015

You know how some times you accidentally go shopping?

I made a vow last pay that I would only buy one thing- well theoretically two things, because I was only allowed to buy a new pair of running shoes. Brooks Adrenalin for the bargain price of $220. I am actually being sarcastic here because I would never normally spend $220 on a pair of shoes. Especially shoes that I wear in the rain and in dirt, and to add insult to injury they are not even pretty.
   I mean seriously who wears purple and orange together?

So I was being very good. On the weekend I only bought the shoes. Oh and a skirt. But it was from Kmart and it only was $20 which we all know is PRACTICALLY FREE.

So today I was my mum's support person for the day. My mission was to keep my mum's mind off the fact that my dad was in surgery today. The day went something like this.
  1. Wake up- message running buddy. Not running today. Still suffering from ocean swim from hell in Sundays' triathlon.
  2. Go back to sleep
  3. Wake up with cat sticking his claws into my arm. 
  4. Yell at cat.
  5. Get up- tell Indi I am taking her to school. She gets all confused and I can tell she is trying not to look disappointed that she is not going to Before School Care.
  6. Pick up mum go and have a coffee
  7. Read an email from a shop(because they seem to be the only emails I get) saying that a "must have" for Autumn is a pair of dressy tracky pants. Start thinking I really  "Must Have" a pair of dressy tracky pants.
  8. Go to Claremont Quarter ( a flash shopping centre). Go to Seed. Find a pair of dressy tracky pants. Forgot I am not allowed to buy anything. (Actually that is I lie. I remembered but chose to ignore it.) Buy pants. But I do put down the shoes which I silently congratulate myself on.
    These are the pants. Cute!!

    These are the shoes. Are they a sneaker or a slip on? Who can tell?Super cute and functional
  9. Get excited when my mum says" Can we just pop into Witchery?" CAN WE POP INTO WITCHERY???? Is chocolate delicious? Is it the best new ever that Prince Harry is coming to live in Perth for a month?? HELL YEAH!!!!
  10. Remember that I have a $15 voucher at Witchery. Try to find something in Witchery that will cost $15"ish". Instead find 2 black tops. But different because one has short sleeves and one has long sleeves. So COMPLETELY different. And they cost nothing close to $15. Whoops. But a positive is that I got another $15 voucher. 
  11. Leave feeling very happy with not an ounce of shoppers remorse. Because there is always next pay day. Right?
So next week- No.Buying. Clothes..... But I do really need some new shoes for work. And I never said anything about shoes.




No comments:

Post a Comment