Tuesday 18 August 2015

How to look like Kim K is 50 easy steps

Seeing as I have nothing better to do with my time I decided to read an article by a women who has nothing better to do with her money than spend $500 to hear how Kim Kardashian West puts on her makeup. Well how her make up artist puts on her 50 different products- yes 50- that if you were to replicate that same look would cost you $1200 US.

Here is Kim and Mario- her make up man.

Now I sit firmly in the camp of a Kim fascinator. I am fascinated by so much about her- like how she is so good at taking selfies because there is a real art to that. If you would like to have a look at some of the selfies I try to take you will understand my admiration. I am fascinated by how she completely explodes when she is pregnant like most normal people do. I am also fascinated by how she has managed to use the whole social media thing to make her so incredibly wealthy, but bless her she still asks for her moisturiser for Christmas because "it is so expensive" (yeah what ever).

So what did I learn....

Well I learnt that you need two shades of foundation (Giorgio Armani)
It took the makeup artist 4 hours to apply the makeup
The contouring product for which she is famed is ...... Benefit Hoopla
she uses 5 different eyeshadow
concealer in 3 different colours
4 different eyeliners...
L'oreal Volumious  Mascara  (who knew!!) which is applied with a finger. (what?)
5 different lipsticks to create one shade (Tom Ford if you are interested)
 there was also masses of other products in there like heaps of brushes, highlighters, bronzers, eyebrow pencils, eyebrow powders........

And this was to create a natural look. God help her when she does a formal look. That poor women must be exhausted.

She has inspired me. I think tomorrow I might try and spend at least 15 minutes doing my make up. I read somewhere that she says wearing makeup makes her happy. At this stage I will try anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment