Tuesday 20 October 2015

A post about favourite Favourites.

A serious issue has just occurred in our house. I didn't really notice it at first, but when I worked it out.I wasn't happy. My youngest daughter and I both have the same favourite in the box of Cadbury Favourites. The Moro.
Mr Cadbury- why can't I buy these individually?

I think I may have talked about this before - but there is nothing like a box of Favourites, because everyone has a favourite. In fact I think it is perfectly reasonable to make friends according to their favourite Favourite. Under no circumstances should two members of a family have the favourite Favourite.

I not sure about you but this is my process for eating Favourites (I have routines for eating most foods- like get piece of pizza, take all the topping off the pizza, eat it, then eat the crust. Eating a pie- take the lid off, eat the lid, fill the inside with sauce, eat the inside with a fork, then eat the pastry.) 


1. Open the box
2. Empty all the Favourites onto the bench
3. Put the ones you hate back into the box ( Cherry Ripes, Caramello, Dairy Milk- which lets face it is a waste of time- just buy a block and Flake)
4. Take one of all your second favourites- (Picnic, Turkish Delight, Dream and Mint Aero)and put the remainder in the box
5. Hide the Moro's so no one can find them, so you can eat them slowly by your self.
6. Leave the rest for everyone else.

So on Friday night, my reflex's slowed by a celebratory bottle of wine, my daughter upset my routine. After I dumped the Favourites on the bench, she was in. It was like playing a game of Hungry Hippos. That I lost.

All I got was one damn Moro. Doesn't she know that you only have kids so there is someone to eat the chocolates you don't like?

So lesson learnt. From now on the Favourites will be opened in private. I will remove the Moro's and then reseal the box. Or get better at playing Hungry Hippos.



No comments:

Post a Comment