Thursday 22 October 2015

I have finally found the thing I am good at.

I have never thought of myself as being a high achiever, but I think I have finally found something I truly excel at. I am pretty damn good at being a stay at home mum. I am kicking goals all over the place. And I have only been at it for 4 days.



I had an inkling I was good at it when I dropped my daughter off at school while I was still wearing my pyjamas. Yep I just popped on my ugg boots and grabbed my sunnies and off we went. And then this afternoon I finally knew I had it covered when I found myself yelling at Steffy on Bold and the Beautiful. (Yes Ally was nuts but she still did kill her, so I don't think Ivy is being unreasonable).


I am finding it a bit weird though because I am having trouble slowing down. I am used to having to do everything at break neck speed- so on Monday morning I made the fatal mistake of getting all my jobs done by 9 am. I had done the washing, vacuumed and mopped the floors and dusted so I had then left myself nothing to do on Tuesday. Then on Tuesday night I put on the washing  and then I realised I had just done Wednesday's job. I filled in Wednesday by having coffee in the morning with my mum and dad, and then when shopping and having lunch with my son. And let just say dinners have never been better (my son keeps asking who is coming over), and don't get me started on the lunches I am making the kids. 

I am also finding I am becoming a bit of a chatter. A chatter with shop assistants and strangers! The pharmacist and I had a lovely little chat about New York today, as did the lady and I in the bank. And today I even smiled at a baby. Yep. A real life baby.

Can I also tell you about my parenting. I have been walking my daughter to and from school most days (well apart from pyjama morning) with the dogs, although that nearly ended as soon as it began when she spent the whole walk home being moody with me because she wanted to go to after school care.  I took her to the bank to cash in her money rather than making up the normal feeble excuse that banks shut at 3pm.  And yes I even let her put the shopping through the self service checkout without getting frustrated once for putting the cold stuff in the same bag as the pantry stuff.  Because lets face it- I'm in no hurry. No hurry at all. And having to sort the groceries out at home will give me another job. 

So lets just say so far this staying at home thing is pretty good. Apparently I will get bored soon, but that can wait until I get back from New York. In the mean time I will just look around my spotless tidy house and play with the dogs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment