Friday 13 May 2016

Just winging it

I think if they were going to make a movie about my life I think maybe that's what it should be call - Just winging it. ( I also think they should get Margot Robbie to play me. )

This isn't me. This is Margot Robbie. Why are you laughing?

I didn't realise how much I do just wing it until this week when I was co presenting a session for teachers and the co presenter was like really organised and we had a meeting to discuss what we would do. I had planned to think about it 5 minutes before and hope for the best. She was great. Super organised. The Ying to my Yang.

This weeks Youtube video is about liquid eyeliner- because who doesn't like liquid eyeliner. But who the bloody hell can put on liquid eyeliner? And then when you can put it on - how do you get the wingey thing?

So on a quiet Saturday night I decided to film you a tutorial. It was a disaster. I filmed it with the radio on so I couldn't use the audio, I made mistakes, I finished the makeup- hated it- took it off- got eye make up remover in my eyes- got black shit everywhere including the back of my arm. And the table. And the floor. And on the dog.

When I finally finished the tutorial I was happy. Then when I watched it back today- mmm not so happy. My wing is not winged enough. But that is the trick when you are older. Your eye cannot handle a big wing. It takes over your face. So it is more of a delicate flick. 

So have a look, have a practice because soon we are going to be doing the night time look that everyone wants..... Yep - we are going to learn how to do Adele's makeup. You will never say hello the same way again.


Here is the link to the Youtube tutorial. Click on the arrow!


So have a look- and have a laugh. Because in the end I was just winging it. ( see what I did there? )




No comments:

Post a Comment