Thursday 11 May 2017

How to winter your wardrobe on a budget.

                                                    
I'm on a budget. Now there are two very big issues with this, mainly being I suck at being on a budget and it's the change of seasons and I really need to do some work on my winter wardrobe.

So seeing as buying a whole heap of new stuff is out- I have had to do a stocktake on my wardrobe and work out how I am going to make it through winter with very few new purchases.
                                   
1. I looked at the websites from my favourite shops to get the key looks for the season and looks I liked. I then had a search through my selection of clothes to see what I had already. 

2.I also went to Pinterest once I knew what I had to search for outfit ideas.

3.I looked at my summer clothes to see what could be layered with leggings, a singlet top underneath, a jacket, scarf (all the extra bits and pieces.


                                              
4.I made a list of what I actually needed. For me this was a new long line cardi (I picked one with a hood), a replacement pair of black boots and a pair of flats.

5.I am keeping an eye on sales that come through my email. Because I am on mailing lists of my fav shops I get emails about special sale days. These are the days I will pounce on the items I want.

6.I am staying away from the shops. If I go, I will buy.

7.I am going to cheaper chainstores like Target and Kmart to see what I can pick up. But be warned- there stuff is not always that much cheaper than some more expensive shops if you look out for sale days.

8.Some things you can go cheap on- like leggings and singlets to go under clothes. 
                                               
9.Embrace the sporty lux look. You can get away with wearing your good gym leggings if you dress them up right. For example a pair of long gym pants matched with a oversized white tshirt, scarf, leather or denim jacket and a cute pair of sneakers ( i got a cutie silver pair for $8 at Target) instant outfit!

10.By changing you accessories you can get away with the same base layers. This means scarves, jackets, cardigans, oversized shirts are you friends.
                                                        
This budget business isn't going to be easy... but we can get through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment