Monday 8 May 2017

My pre run self talk





I have a love hate relationship with exercise. Even though I would probably be counted as a regular exerciser (3-5 times a week) it is still something that I find really hard to do. I hate to do it, but love how I feel after.

People who don't exercise ask me all the time how do I get the motivation to do it- especially as I get up at 5 most mornings to get it out of the way. Well this is how this most morning's conversations between my self pan out when the alarm goes off.

(Alarm goes off)
Me- Get up

Me- I don't want to get up
.
Me- Get up

Me- but my beds so comfy and I'm tired.

Me- You'll feel better when you are done.

Me- Don't care. Want to stay in bed.

Me- GET UP!

Me- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'll do it this afternoon.

Me- No you won't. You have to take Indi to choir this afternoon.

Me- I'll leave work on time and get a quick run in before we have to leave home.

Me- No you won't - you will be tired after work and you won't go.

Me- Yeah ok- you are right. I'll get up in a minute.

Me- It's been a minute.

Me- I don't want too

Me- You are complaining about getting fat but you won't exercise...

Me- I won't eat anything bad today.

Me - Yes you will.

Me- Well I didn't eat anything that bad yesterday...

Me- You ate a cupcake before you went to sleep.

Me- It was only a little one...

Me- And a piece of toast with pate

Me- Whatever.

Me- Fatty

Me- It's too dark

Me- There are street lights, and the sun will be up soon.

Me- It's cold.

Me- Put a jumper on and anyway you will be hot in 5 minutes

Me- The dogs will get sad if I get up. And the cats.

Me- They will forgive you when you feed them.

Me- But I'm tired

Me- Are you planning on drinking this weekend??Me- Ok I'm up.


(During the run.)

Me - This is shit

Me- Shut up and keep running

(After the Run)

Me- I FEEL AMAZING!!!

Me- You are pathetic.

                             


No comments:

Post a Comment