Wednesday 10 May 2017

When life gives you lemons...




Last week I was having a chat to a friend at work and we both said that we "needed to get a life" and I said " but we do have a life- it's not the life we thought we would have, but it's the one we've got so we had better start loving it."

I know some people get their epiphanies when they are on the top of a mountain, or sitting on a beach during some retreat but I got mine when I was sitting in bed, hung over eating a bowl of pasta watching the Housewives of New York. Sitting in my bed, on my own, feeling shit, eating carbs on a Saturday night is my life. And I am ok with that.

I know right?? Me- the hopeless romantic who believes in love and happy ever after may have just realised that I am living my happy ever after. It may not be the happy ever after I thought I would have when I was 10 and watching Prince Charles marry Princess Diana (well they didn't get it either so maybe not the best example), but its the one I've got.

Being single is actually ok. Some parts of it totally suck- like the bits where you have to put the rubbish out yourself and there is no one to get you a coffee on a Sunday morning but some bits are totally awesome. For example

  • you can put your pyjamas on and go to bed at 4:30 (pm)
  • you can go out at night and go to bed at 4:30 (am)
  • you don't have to make dinner if you don't feel like it
  • you have total control of the television/ netflix viewing
  • no one talks through the said viewing
  • you can do what you want when you want
  • you can nap all day without feeling guilty
  • you can get through a whole day without talking if you don't feel like it
  • you don't have to tiptoe around someone who is being moody
  • you can be super messy and not make your bed for a whole week if you don't want to
  • you have all the cupboards in the bathroom and all the wardrobe all to your self
  • you can eat dinner, in fact every single meal, in bed.
So while this is not where I thought I would be at nearly 46- that is the only things I share my bed with is two dogs and two cats, my life is actually ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment