Saturday 6 December 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like "holy shit I have forgotten to buy Christmas Presents"



I went Christmas shopping yesterday. I came home with a dress, a top, a pair of shorts and a hat. All for me. Not one little Christmas present. Although I did buy some Christmas baubles and magnets to make a Pinterest decoration. Needless to say I failed. One worked.



This problem hits me every year and I think the problem is because really the only think I like about Christmas is brandy sauce for the pudding. I try. I have have fairy lights in my kitchen. Well technically I have fairy lights in my kitchen all year- but I have stuck some Christmas decorations in there.

My attempted at being festive.


So now I find myself once again in the position of " Shit. It is only not very many days until Christmas and I have nothing but a present for India's teacher (Go Miss V.) and a secret santa present.( Both I must add are very cool)."

So what is a girl to do. There is only two options.
1. ONLINE SHOPPING.
Which can be done from the comfort of your classroom (at lunchtime of course). So here is where I will be heading this Christmas

Hard to Find- they have lots of really cool stuff that is unusual and different, plus they already have pre selected items for all this special people in your life.
Like a map Christmas tree for the nerd in your life.


Mecca- of course. Very predictable but they have some really awesome gift packs. I went in yesterday and had a look and they have sold out of some stuff. Top of the list for me would be this little hand cream and lip balm pack for $25.
Almost free I tell you.

Gascoigne and King- now apparently candles rank as one of the worst presents but personally I love candles. These ones are beautiful and they smell amazing. I have vanilla, paddington and amazing grace. They come in two sizes and although they seem expensive- they burn forever. I am so addicted I even burn the Vanilla candles in my classroom. It almost puts the kids into a trance. Well I like to think it is my candles and not my teaching.

Best candles ever I tell you. Mix these will a Coldplay album and you are so relaxed you are asleep but awake.

Wotif- I love a good mini break, so a voucher from Wotif is a really good pressie. You can but any amount and the lucky receiver can book a hotel anywhere in the world. It doesn't get much cooler than that!!!

Dan Murphys- Yes I went there. You can order online and they deliver to anywhere you want. Great for interstate buddies.
Buy this tequila. You may wake up the next day and not remember how you got there but it is seriously good.


2. GIFT VOUCHERS

Now I know that apparently Vouchers are meant to be crap presents as well- but I would prefer that the people in my life buy something they love rather than something I love. Every single shop does vouchers, and you can buy all sorts in the Post office or supermarket so you can do some one stop shopping. Some ideas are

Kikki K or Smiggle for stationary
itunes
Cool book stores - like Crow books. They have the most awesome books and I know that the littlest person in my life loves going in and choosing a book. I always buy book prizes for school in there.
Clothing stores- You should know what shops your loved ones love.
Department store vouchers- David Jones or Myers if you really can't decide.
Movie vouchers
Restaurant Vouchers


Now if you really must venture to the shops can I suggest (if you live in Perth)

The Good Store in Vic Park. Because it has really "good" stuff, that is different, unusual and you will like it.
The Art Gallery of WA gift shop. They also have some fab books, toys and just stuff in general.
Louis Vuitton (I wish)
But they are just so pretty.

Tiffany (I wish)


Hope this helps a little bit.Happy Shopping everyone


















No comments:

Post a Comment