Wednesday 25 February 2015

Well it has been a while.....

And for that I am sorry. All I can say is that when life decides to shit on you, it really does shit on you. And that sums up my last few weeks really.

Without going into too much detail, because it is not all my own story to tell, my family has been hit with an illness, two members of my family have had a car accident (it was not either of our fault. seriously), I fell off my bike ( in front of lots of people during a triathlon) I cried during a staff meeting ( I am still mortified), people who I chose to leave in the past insist on still rearing their ugly heads, and I am not sleeping. I have also finished the series of Breaking Bad and I have a very big void in my life. I am missing Jessie Pinkman.




 I am also so far behind in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and The Celebrity Apprentice that I have almost lost interest. Almost.

Times like this are interesting because it is quite easy to fall into the " Holy shit my life is shit" frame of mind. But I struggled to make myself see the bright side. And it went something like this

  • I got to see One Direction. I love One Direction in an almost creepy kind of way. But they are just so cute. And the concert had fire works. Harry Styles and fireworks. Sigh


  • My life is usually pretty damn awesome. My life is usually sunshine and lollipops. Right now it is overcast and anchovies. And no one likes anchovies. But they do dissolve when you cook them.
  • I now have a cleaning lady.
  • I am really loving work at the moment. Finally I can see where the saying " Love what you are doing and you will never work a day in your life"comes from. Work does not seem like work right about now. Even when parents are swearing at me. My catch phrase has become " Yes - I can hear that you are upset."
  • I have realised once again that my friends are pretty damn awesome. They are caring, funny and supportive. My friends and work buddies are the very best.
  • When I wake up in the morning I find my kitty cats and puppy dogs asleep on my bed. This makes me so happy it it almost pathetic.
  • When you are sad it is perfectly acceptable to drink too much alcohol and have a little cry. No one judges you for being a boozehag, they just pat you on the back and say " Oh you poor thing".


  • I have been so busy/ overwhelmed I have not had a chance to get bored/frustrated/annoyed with My Kitchen Rules. Which is good because it means I still like it.
  • I can now successfully swim in the ocean without swallowing half the ocean. And this is good. 
  • For 24 hours I was really happy because I heard that Prince Harry was dating Emma Watson. If Prince Harry has to date an Emma and it can't be me- it can be her. And then she said it wasn't true. Still hope for me.
  • I have discovered Goggle Box on the tele. And it is HILARIOUS.
  • When you are sad your husband will go to the shops and buy you jam and cream doughnuts. And he won't eat them before you get to them.



  • Did I mention that I have a cleaning lady?
So when you life is feeling a little bit miserable- know that no matter how crappy you days have been just think of me. Because mine has been worse. But it can only get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment