Monday 27 April 2015

Ten problems faced by the permanently tired.



Today I read an article about problems faced by people who are permanently tired. This made me chuckle because I am always tired. In fact the other day my mum said " Let me guess you are tired." (I am also permanently hungry but that is a whole other post). Except of course when I actually go to bed at night time and I am not even sleepy. Not even a teeny, tiny bit.




In fairness to me I do get up at 4:50am most mornings ( boxing mornings are a sleep in- 5:30am)  to get my morning exercise in, which means that by the time that most people get up in the morning I am ready for a nap. And because of the problem that I mentioned before that I can't sleep at night time and don't usually go to sleep until 10:30pm, throw into the mix a couple of visits to the toilet, having to kick my husband 5 times to stop snoring and having to move the dog off my pillow because I need a little bit of space you can see that my sleep is definitely in deficit.

So here is my list of ten ways you know you are permanently tired.




1. You have never seen the end of a movie. Hell, who am I trying to kid, I have very rarely seen halfway through a movie.
2. You never lie down or sit down after work if you have anything else to do because you know you will fall asleep.
3. You have Red Bulls on hand for a 9am pick up.
4. You have Red Bulls on hand for the 3pm pick up.
5. You either have no wine or you have to have more than one glass, because if you only have one wine you know that your permanent tired state +wine tired= sleep.
6. You have to ignore the signs that say "Don't drive tired." Because you would never be able to drive anywhere.

But how am I meant to get anywhere????

7.You love your bed, pillow and doona more than you love life itself.
8. You take up meditation and hypnotherapy because it is a way to get a nap in at anytime of the day and no one will judge you.
9. You become a morning person because you know you have a 4 hour window between waking up and fatigue hitting to get things done.
10. You go through concealer and YSL Touche Eclat like most people go through water because something has to hide those dark circles.




You will notice that I have not included inhale sugar like it is air. That is because I am told it is bad for you. Unlike Red Bulls- because I choose the sugar free version. I'm sure all those chemicals are way better for me than calories. (I am being sarcastic there).

Where can I get me one of these????

Here's to a good night's sleep







No comments:

Post a Comment