Thursday 30 April 2015

Ask me a question. Today Strawberry Net

I thought it would be nice to have a question and answer section. You ask me a question and I will attempt to find you an answer. It can be about anything, because if you ask my husband he will tell you that I think I know everything!

Our first question comes from a lovely lady called Emma, who lives in Perth Western Australia. (yeah ok- thats me).She writes

Hi Emma
I notice that you buy things from Strawberry Net. While I like the idea of cheaper prices for cosmetics I really don't understand if I am buy fake products or the real deal.  
Thanks
Emma

Hi Emma
Great question and it is something I have often wondered myself.  Well here is the official answer. Strawberry Net is a online cosmetic company based in Hong Kong that offers makeup, skincare etc from top brands at cheaper prices. The answer is in the "based in Hong Kong" bit. You see Strawberry Net are whats called Parallel Importers. What they do is import the products from places that sell them cheaper i.e. China,and then sell them off to people in countries like Australia who pay heftier prices due to things such as the high luxury tax that is placed on these kinds of products. Parallel Imports are also known as grey product, because they are not being bought on the black market, but are not bought directly from the company either, but the process is completely legal. You might notice that things you bought on sites such as "catch of the day", or from cheap discount stores sometime come from different countries. Chances are these are "grey product"as well.
So enjoy you Strawberry Net products knowing that they are the real deal.
Hope that helps Emma and happy online shopping!

Here is the link for those of you who haven't used the site before


http://au.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment