Tuesday 7 February 2017

20 Things you didn't know about me.....

I saw on instagram the other that Kim Kardashian West wrote a post called " 20 things you didn't know about Me". 

Now I love Kim (and Kayne) but I just saying that if you have to say that you are really funny.... well maybe aren't that funny. Other things we didn't know included she always carries a pillow and blanket when she travels, and that she has never had a cold coffee drink from Starbucks. Here is a a link to the article of you would like to read the whole thing.

So I thought I would write my own list of 20 Things You Didn't know about me. Prepare to be blown away.

1. I'm scared of balloons. Completely irrational- can't tell you why, I just am.

2. I hate coriander. It tastes like soap and ants. Gross. Why do people insist on putting it on everything. I seem to spend my life picking out coriander. 

3. I am a really bad speller. But strangely I can pick spelling mistakes anyone else makes.

4. My favourite chocolate in the box of Favourites is the Moro Bar. Yes I am the person that likes them.

5. I am a qualified Librarian. I know right?  The loudest person in the room.

6. My most favourite meal in the whole world is Steak, Chips and Bearnaise sauce. My second favourite is a Chicken Parmie ( but then whose isn't?). My least favourite is Asian food. I like it every now and then, but its not my jam. I'm trying to like it more. Just hold the coriander.

7. I have a really short attention span. I am always doing at least 2 things at once and can even have 3 conversations on the go. This can be quite disconcerting for people who are not aware of my skill and think I'm not listening to them. I think it from being a teacher. The saying should be "I have ears in the back of my head", not eyes.

8. White Chicks is my favourite movie. EVER. Followed very closely by Titanic. I have also never seen a Star Wars. Or a Harry Potter. I once watched the first 10 minutes of a Lord of the Rings. That's 10 minutes I will never get back.

9. I can only sleep with a doona on. This means that even if it not hot I will have to have the airconditioner on super cold so I can sleep.

10. I get migraines and always have. I was put on medication for them when I was 6. I actually had to quit my job working for Estee Lauder because the perfumes would give me a migraine. I was also next to Elizabeth Arden counter and if anyone sprayed Red Door it was all over. I can still smell that at 100 paces. WORST. PERFUME. EVER.

11. I love reading. Books, magazines, junk mail....God I love junk mail. 

12. I have always loved make-up, The first product I bought was a Covergirl eyeshadow with 3 shades of pink. I bought it from Coles in Townsville. My mum told me it made my face look fat. (Which probably had more to do with the fact that I was fat) She swears she doesn't remember saying it. Never worn pink eye shadow since. I have also always loved clothes and fashion, from about the time I was 12 I was onto it. And the 80's was a great time to love fashion.

13.  I hate, hate, hate speaking to people on the phone. I get nervous, sweaty and I panic. If I do have to speak I talk fast, and it is super awkward and I can't wait to get off the phone. So if you ever get a call from me you know someone has died.

14. I wanted to be a journalist when I was at school- a fashion/beauty editor was my dream job. I became a teacher because I didn't get the marks for Journalism. Once I got my degree I worked in retail for 10 years, before I went back to teaching.

15. I really like singing. I just can't. ( well I think I can but other people tell me otherwise.)

16. My second toe is a lot bigger than my big toe. 

17. I love cooking, and I'm quite good at it (if I say so myself). Sweet stuff is my specialty. My friends and I applied for My Kitchen Rules once. I had a phone interview. They never called back.

18. I love champagne ( but then that's no secret). And wine. And vodka. And whisky.

19. I love crappy tv, especially Real Housewives of anywhere and Great British Bake Off. I can watch and appreciate serious tv but I prefer crap. 

20. I'm actually really funny.......

No comments:

Post a Comment