Thursday 9 February 2017

Rehab update....


                        


I know you have been sitting with baited breath waiting for an update on how my body rehab is going, so I thought I should deliver.

I am now on Day 16... and I'm not going to lie... I have been doing well in terms of sticking to my body rehab, but I am a little disappointed in the actual weight I have lost. On my weigh in on Monday it was 3.5kg. Yes I know its not bad but really.... no friggin alcohol in 2 weeks (apart from a vodka lime and soda) and only 3.5kg?? Who are these people who give up wine for a week and drop 5kgs?? I want their number.

 So here are some ups and downs to my rehab.

1. I find it easier if I put off eating for as long as possible in the mornings. I try not to eat until 11:20 (that's recess- I'm a teacher- we are told when to eat.)

2. I have no energy to exercise. And when I'm do I am super, super hungry. I'm hoping next week I can start exercising again- I'm not missing it though because hell I'm consuming 800 calories a day for Gods sake. I'm lucky if I have the energy to walk to my car.

3. When I go to the pub it is a good idea not to drink too many diet cokes. Caffeine + no food = Emma watching youtube videos until 2 in the morning (and also going to the toilet a lot)


I'm also not committing to saying that I can go out and have a good time if I'm not drinking....but it's getting easier (who am I???).



4. When my friends talk about food I have to tell them to fuck off.

5. Your hunger does "lessen". Note- I said "lessen".

6. Kale chips actually taste ok. As long as you burn them to add some flavour.

7. Existing mostly on vegetables means that you tend to "pass wind" quite frequently.

8. Restaurants don't cater well to people who are living on air vegetables. Can we pass a law that every restaurant needs to have a salad, or steamed veggies on the menu- with no Persian fetta or anything else that has taste??


                                               

9. I dream about bread.

10. My clothes are getting looser. Yeah.

I will give you an update in a couple of weeks... and to those of you who I know are on this journey with me...STAY STRONG. YOU'VE GOT THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment