Wednesday 15 February 2017

What I bought next... beauty edition.

I'm at home sick in bed today. I think I have a tummy bug. I say think because as I'm on my VLCD I have nothing to vomit up- so I have had a week of feeling like I'm going to vomit with a crappy headache. I have just sent my son off to Macca's to get me a giant coke zero. I'm hoping it will have the same effect of my normal " I feel shit so I must have coke" treatment. 

I was asleep but my dogs woke me up alerting me to the fact that the delivery man was here with my order from Sephora (there is sunshine in every day). I thought this was a sign that it was an apt time to do a beauty blogs. I will call it "What I bought next".



1. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (thats really black to you and me).
I always have a black liquid eyeliner on hand and I have always wanted to try this. I have just put it on- in my sick bed using my computer camera as my mirror. It went on like a dream. I think this could be the start of a beautiful relationship.                                
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Blonde
This is a replacement brow pencil. It is my all time favourite. Easy to use and gives a natural looking brow. I like it a lot.

                              
3. Loreal Infallible Setting Mist
This is a new one to me. I have been using the Urban Decay setting spray but I saw a beauty blogger using this and thought I would give it a go- because I do like the Infallible foundations and it is really good. It has been really humid here this last week and my make up stayed put all day. A warning though- give it a really good shake and hold it about 20cm from your face before you spray- otherwise you will end up with what looks like splotches of toothpaste on your face.


                                     
4. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara Waterproof.
This is a cult product. And I HATE IT. I have the unwaterproof one and while it does make my lashes look great it is the only mascara that runs on me. By the end of the day I have smokey under eyes. No mascara ever runs on me so I don't get it. I thought I would try the Waterproof one. It is really just crap. My lashes stick together and go in a weird direction and I just hate it.

                                        
5. Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick ( Queen B)
This is is exactly what it says. It is a liquid lipstick, it is matte, it is long wearing and it is fabulous. The colour Queen B is a natural pink and I team it with MAC's boldly bare, or subculture liner. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

                                         
6. MAC Strobe Cream.
I had this product years ago but they have recently done-over the range. It is a really nice illuminating cream that you can either put on in places you want to highlight, or can mix with your foundation for an all over glow. Another love.


                                             
7. Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick
Yep I said Avon. I got this in my Bella Box and it was a lovely red colour and I thought " What the hell- it's Christmas I'm going to wear it". It is was amazing. Felt beautiful on my lips, lasted and didn't run.  I just had a look on the web site and it is currently $12. Worth every cent.
   

                                            
8. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream All Over Miracle Oil.
If you have read my blogs you would know I love 8 Hour Cream. DOn't know what's in it- but I love it. I always have a tube and when ever I go away I always buy a tube duty free. But this time I found the oil and yes- It is a miracle oil. I use it on my hair, my skin, everywhere and I love it. Be warned though- if you are going to use it on your hair- use is sparingly because it is oily.

Let me know any fab finds you have discovered (or rediscovered).


No comments:

Post a Comment