Wednesday 13 December 2017

The 7 habits that apparently make you seem dumb.



I came across this article the other day which was telling you what are the 7 things that make you seem dumb to other people. They obviously fancied up the words a bit, and said "less intelligent", but I knew what they were getting at. So here goes if you want to appear smarter this is what you need to STOP doing.


1. Dressing down in important situations.
I think I'm good with this one. Well apart from currently when my pyjamas have been on high rotation, and I have only gone to the shop in them once.... ok maybe twice. Alright three times tops.

2. Slouching
Apparently good posture makes you look smarter- because the more space you take up the more important you look. This is obviously the reason I have chosen to keep on that 10 kg's I have added to my frame. And obviously the reason why men sit with their legs apart.

3. Excessive nodding and head tilts
Apparently men only nod when they agree, women nod more frequently which makes them look like they are agreeing with everything. Well no...I am nodding at everything because I have tapped out of the conversation, have no interest in what you are saying and I've been distracted by something shiny.

4. Misusing words or phrases
I have to agree with this one. My most favourite ever example of this was when I was in a staff meeting once and we were talking about the evils of social media- when myspace and facebook were the sites of choice. A staff member stood up and said " I just wish the kids would get of my face". Still makes me laugh a good 10 years later.

5. Using language softeners
This means don't say " I'm not sure" or " Anyone could have done it." Say it with confidence. So if you think someone is a dick, don't say " I think you are a dick" just say " You are a dick."

6. Being overly judgemental
This also includes not gossiping. What a dumb rule. What fun is life if you can't judge someones outfit and have a good chat?? And anyway isn't the whole article a little judgemental?

7. Using profanities at work
Well I'm fucked.


No comments:

Post a Comment