Tuesday 11 March 2014

Last night I even bored myself..

Last night I was writing a post on "What to wear for winter". I got half way through and then I got bored with myself. It was kind of long and I couldn't make it amusing at all. I mean how entertaining can a man style white shirt be? Unless of course it is a man style pirate shirt.

                                  See- thats funny

So here it is in 10 easy step

  1. Embellish
  2. Man style white clothes and shoes (think brogues )
  3. New Bohemian (as opposed to Old bohemian because that would be cheap from the Op Shop and new bohemian is expensive from a shop)
  4. Sport Luxe (basically just chuck on your trainers and you are good to go)
  5. Coats in Pink or beige or a Leather Biker Jacket
  6. Tartan ( I won't be doing tartan. I did it when I was 14. I wore double tartan. I shall never recover)
  7. Pop that hair in low pony or make it messy do.
  8. Wing your liquid eyeliner and you CAN do a strong red lip at the same time (or both lips if you chose)
  9. Buy a sweater with a slogan on the front
  10. Wear a three quarter or a nice midi skirt.
Easy done. Now here are 10 looks for winter I don't understand.
  1. Purple hair. This is not fashion. This is what happens when you leave your blonde hair toner on for too long.
        Seriously Nicole- the bottle clearly says 5 minutes

         2. Bassike low slung pants. I love Bassike basics but the long slung pants are to me a mystery.   They make your look like you have pooed your pants. And the leather ones are like hundreds of dollars.

Mmmmmmm- no

3. Over the knee boots. Call me old fashioned but to me they just say "Hooker". Maybe they work if you are young, and have awesome legs.

Nope- still say hooker

4. Midriffs- such a tricky trend. Looks fab if you have a tight tummy and/or have never had kids. I didn't wear a midriffs before I had kids, and I never have had a tight tummy. So thats a no from me.

                               How to wear a midriff


                             How not to wear a midriff

5. Quirky accessories- I don't do quirky. Well maybe one or two quirky,  


 But there is so much quirky going on here it is making my brain hurt.

6. Pointy nails. I think Rihanna is to blame for these but they look to me like Alligator claws. Plus you could do some serious damage with this points.

Check out the colour. This is from O.P.I's Muppets range. Does anyone remember Cutex's Blue Opal?

7. Kitten Ear headbands. They annoy me when kids at school wear them. I want to slap them.

 When I see an adult wearing them I want to slap them even more. 

      There is only one way to wear Kitten Ear headbands
                
There is no 8, 9 and 10. I think I like everything else. Well except for Faux and real fur. The only place fur looks good is on animals.
               God help me- a furry hat with kitten ears.

So what winter trends so you not like?

Disclaimer- All of my opinions are of course subject to change. Because a. I am female and b. A Gemini

All images via Pintrest.


No comments:

Post a Comment