Sunday 6 April 2014

I have been tardy

 I have been very tardy with my blogs lately. ( I love that word, it always reminds me of the scene in Clueless when he thanks McDonalds for having the most tardy's. I think I might introduce that word to my classes).


 Work always gets in the way of everything fun, it is a shame that that is the thing that pays the bills.

I also realised it has been a while since I posted a make up blog, so I have just return from a visit to Priceline, and I was inspired to write a special Priceline chain store everyday casual weekend look. I have actually just taken some photos and they look like crap and it probs won't motivate you to buy the stuff, but I am in position for The Real Housewives of Melbourne with my wine in my bed, so I'm not moving.  

              See I told you it is a shocker. I couldn't even do my hair because my nails are wet.

This is my Sunday " I have run a 10km fun run and then had to run home because I forgot to get money to pay for my parking" look. On the weekend I tend not to wear foundation unless I am heading out for a night on the town. Which happens almost never, so you could say this is my weekend look.



I have on L'oreal Luminosity BB Cream I love this because I am addicted to anything luminous (to reflect light away from wrinkles).


Over the top I have some Australis HIghlights in Pearl. I bought this because I am out of my MAC Strobe liquid and I saw someone say this week that this is a good option. AND IT IS!. And $14.95 is a damn good price.

Cheeks are Maybelline Bronzer, with a little bit dusted over my face for some overall colour. This is also very cheap. We are talking around $15 and bronzers usually last a really long time. Unless of course you like it looking like this.

For the record your bronzer should never look like this.

Ballet

Lips are another Australis product, Colour Inject Mineral lipstick in Ballet. I am going through a bit of a lipstick stage at the moment. I really want brights, but I have noticed that cheaper brands really tend to bleed. They make me look like I have the lips of a 70 year old chain smoker, so I think you are best to stick with lighter colours when you are "mature". This colour is a soft pink, and OMG it feels so soft and creamy. 



My nails are East Hamptons Cottage from Essie. I was in a dilemma because I needed to replace my Balletslippers but they were out. I settled on this even though it is a bit whiter than I would like, but I decided that I would get the colour to match my veranda which I like to think looks a bit like the Hamptons. In Victoria Park.

Did someone say Hamptons- or was it Ikea?

You may have noticed that I have missed out eyes. Well thats because my eyes didn't come from Priceline , I have on my YSL Touche Eclat $55- you must have this, and I am wearing Lancome mascara $40 (thats not cheap) BUT I won them both in a competition, so basically they were free.
I wanted to be able to say that the mascara wasn't that good, but it actually is really good. I don't even think a 14 year old girl could make this clump!
Even the packaging is dreamy

Just so amazingly good.
So that's it- a casual make up when you are not wearing makeup but don't want to look like you are not wearing makeup.

For the record I am not sure if I told you about my winnings. I won a competition from Elle magazine, I had to write why I like the magazine. I can't remember what I wrote, but the prize was amazing. I got some skin care, a face mask, the touché éclat, the mascara, this beautiful candle


 It is meant to smell like walking through the Sydney suburb of Paddington - lucky they clarify that because as my friend Claire said if it smelt like Paddington in London, it may not be as pleasant.


And this awesome Bally print. Isn't it fab. I got the frame from Ikea, and it just looks super good.

For the record Elle magazine is pretty good. It is wordy but not too wordy if you know what I mean.
Elle also has a good website if you want to be a tight arse and not buy the mag.

Time for another wine. Have a good week everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I live in Thailand, apparently BB cream originated in Asia.. I had never heard of it until my sister re-sent me the link to your blog…. I bought a few tube of it at the airport (it's quite cheap here I think) and I LOVE it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete