Monday 14 April 2014

The 2014 Prix De marie claire Beauty or The top beauty products of 2014 if you are australian.

So I begrudgingly  bought the latest issue of Marie Claire magazine, which is traditionally one of my staple "OMG I love this magazine it always has top stuff in it mag." But this month I had a issue, and when I have an issue man do I have an issue. My husband tends to get a big kick out of my issues, because once I have it I do not let go, kind of like my " Oh for Gods sake Miranda put you bloody clothes on" or my " For the love of Duchesses everywhere tie your bloody hair up Kate".



This is my issue, and stay with me on this one because it can come across as I am totally uncaring. Here I go. Megan Gale, naked caressing her baby bump in the cover of a magazine. The totally most over done pose in history. When Demi Moore did it it was shocking and great. It started getting tired around the time Brittany did it, and the Christina Agulira did it, but now it is just plain tired. I have nothing against Megan Gale. I think she is a very attractive women, and I understand how excited she is to be having a baby. Just as I was when I was pregnant with my first, second and third babies. I am happy you are happy, and you look awesome pregnant (it's obvious you did not get the 20kg weight gain I was blessed with throughout my pregnancies) but I don't need to see you naked. Next to my bed.

So I weighed up my "humph" with "oh the beauty best buys" excitement and the excitement one. (But Megans cover is covered up with my cordial in my One Direction cup. So here goes- the results for those of you who don't want to buy the magazine.

Best Fragrance- Dior- Miss Dior Eau De Toilette.  This is an update of the 1947 Classic. It's nice, my mum used to wear it.



Best Skincare (Splurge) Cliniques Dramatically DIfferent Moisturising Lotion. To this I have to say REALLY? It's good, but there has to be much better out there.



Best Skincare (Steal)- Natio Renew Day Cream 15+. Not going to lie, never heard of it.

Best Make up Product (Splurge)- Napoleon Perdis Couture Contour Collection. Really? No seriously...are you having a laugh?

Best Make up Product ( Steal)- Maybelline New York Volum Express Mascara The Mega Plush. Tried this- it is good.


Best Haircare Styling Product (Splurge)- ghd Eclipse. No argument here from me.

Best Haircare Styling Product (Steal) - Tresemme Keratin Smooth Control Frizz Smoothing Shampoo. Tresemme hair products are actually pretty good. I think the budget massive size bottles that are very hard to hold in the shower is a little off putting.


Best Body Product ( Splurge) L'Occitane En Provence Amande firming and Resculpting Shaping Delights. Never used it so I have to take their word for it, because I think the only product that successfully firms and shapes is Photoshop.


Best Body Product ( Steal) Palmers Cocoa Butter formula with Vitamin E Indulgent Coconut Body Wash. Love Palmers, Love Coconut. It reminds me of Pina Colada's and they are yummy. Not coconut water, that is not yummy. That is gross. Winner.



So there you have it the top beauty buys. I feel a little ripped off. If those were the best, I really don't think I want to see the worst.
If you are saying to yourself " Well thats 5 minutes of my life I won't get back- I understand. So watch this as a sort of refund.




No comments:

Post a Comment