Saturday 26 April 2014

Looking for a new shampoo and conditioner?

I have a few major issues in my life. They are (in no particular order) and yes I know they are first world issues.

  • My butt which I want to be little, but it wants to be big
  • My food infatuation. Why must I love fatty food and not fruit and veg?
  • My shopping addiction. (Whilst I am on that one, does anyone want to come over and clean up my wardrobe for me?)
  • My hair.
I don't really know where to start with my hair, but just let me say, it is the bane of my life. I have curly hair. Well not really curly and not really wavy anymore. It is in-between. Which means I can not leave it to its own devices. It must be done. Or put up with lots of hairspray. And it used to be thick. Well let me tell you when you get older your hair gets thinner. No one EVER told me that.

My hair was awesome in the 80's because with a little bit of Loreal Studio Line Gel and a hairdryer I had the most amazing scrunched hair.

Remember this from the 80's? The ULTIMATE in hair products.

 Yep I had a spiral perm with out the perm. The ladies in the hairdryer would look at me with serious hair envy when I left the hair dresser. I really should have embraced that brief period of time because it was brief and my time of easy hair was done. GHD has made my life somewhat bearable, but lets just say my hair in its natural state can scare people. 
" Gee- you really do put in work with your hair don't you?" May have been said to me by a friend when she saw me first thing in the morning. I look at people who say " I am just going to air dry my hair today" with daggers. I want to punch them.

So when I was asked to trial a hair product to say I was excited is an understatement. If there is one thing I love more than trying new products it is trying new products that are send to me.  I have more hair stuff in my bathroom that it well lives in another bathroom. With my makeup.

So my hair is coloured (has been since I was 13 and my aunt and my mum coloured my hair with a home frosting kit. Don't ask what my natural colour is, I am no idea), it is wavy, curly. It goes ridiculously frizzy ( I can predict the weather) and doesn't grow very fast. 

The product I was sent was Loreal Vitamino Color. I don't think this product is new but WOW. This stuff is pretty damn fine.

In the name of good trialling I washed and conditioned (you don't need much conditioner) and then towel dried, popped in a bit of de frizzing serum and blow dried. I ran the GHD through very lightly.  I then gave it a light spray with hairspray. I know I know, it sounds Nanaish but don't under estimate the power of the hairspray.


The result? Smooth, shiny and bouncy hair, with body and shine. My colour looked pretty damn good as well (Although it must be said my hair dresser Ruth is amazing) It looked WOW. Just WOW.

Check me out! Also feel free to check out my amazing new glasses. They are Tiffany and have pretend diamond flowers on the side. I am in love.
                              
I wore it to work and someone ran their fingers through my hair. They said " I'm sorry- I just had to touch it." People made comments about my hair. The man at Liqourland called me beautiful (well maybe thats a slight fib, he may have said beautiful in reference to the fact that the payment was approved but whatever). I felt like Beyonce walking with my own personal fan in front of me.

The clean soft feeling lasted for 4 days and then I washed again. 

I think I have fallen in love. With my hair. Well played Loreal, well played.

Image of me by me, image of products via Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment