Tuesday 18 November 2014

How is your summer wardrobe coming along?

Awesome should be the answer to that because I am one of those people who loves, loves, loves summer clothes. Winter is blah because you are cold all the time you always wear a coat and your hair goes frizzy. But Summer is just awesome. If your hair goes frizzy you don't care. You just say you have been to the beach. In my case this would be a big fat lie because I believe I am probably the only Australian who hates the beach.

So the Summer wardrobe. Mine is split into four main sections. They are

1. Work summer
2. Casual Summer
3. Going Out Summer
4. Really, really casual summer.

So top of my list of things I will be wearing this summer are

1. Maxi dresses. 
I love a good maxi. I wear them for work, going out, and casual. I tend to favour black because I always get white dirty, and patterns are big this summer as well. I always pair my maxi with a flat sandal. I don't like a maxi with a heel. 
Sportsgirl and Witchery do some good staple Maxi's and Sportsgirl are also doing a few Midi's.

This is from Witchery. I have this is hot pink. And black. Oh ok- yes I also have it in white, and in a grey pattern.

This is from Sportsgirl.
2. Shorts

I love shorts. I think you can dress them up or dress them down and they suit an Australian lifestyle really well. As I get older I do need to check the length, but as long as they are not short shorts- all is good. I think everyone should have a slouchy denim pair (but not with the pockets hanging out of the hem) and a black pair. Team them with a singlet or tshirt for casual, and a cutie camisole top, a statement necklace and an awesome pair of sandals (flat or high) for "good".

Shorts for good

Shorts for casual

4. A Sparkly Frock.

Well it doesn't have to be a dress. It can be anything because I love sparkles. For me I will be doing a sparkly dress, and I am even going to sparkle for day. Because everyday needs some sparkle. Sparkles are also really good for a Christmas.




These are all from asos.com. You can order them online and as a friend pointed out to me today you can even "catwalk the picture" so you can see what the dress will look like when you walk in it. AMAZING!! Well apart from the fact that the person walking in it in the video is about 16, 6 foot tall and a size 8.

So that is what I am looking at wearing this Summer. Colours that are big for Summer are black and white (which always looks fab in Summer- just make sure you drink white wine), denim in all it's varieties, patterns, florals, and stripes. Fitted body con dresses are also big and ones with cut aways are also everywhere. I think they need to come with a "Just because you can fit into it, doesn't mean you should wear it" warning. 

A cutaway body con dress. 
 Be careful- they look great, but not so great if they don't fit right. Mullet dresses (shorter at the front and long at the back) are also an option, and don't forget the "Prom dress" style. In fact - what the hell- wear whatever you want.

A Prom style midi dress. Cute.

There is also a very definite 90's vibe around, which for me is rather disconcerting. Because I am seeing the clothes I wore in my early 20's and late teens in the shops. In fact I am pretty sure I saw my Year 12 ball dress on asos today.



Happy Summer shopping- and you know with all those Christmas functions you will need a new outfit for each and everyone of them. And of course don't forget you Christmas Day dress- or in my case your Christmas Day Bathers(which for the record I bought at Target- seriously) BECAUSE I WILL BE IN BALI!!!!!!

Nothing says Christmas like Legian Beach
                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment