Monday 24 November 2014

Tonight I will answer some of your pressing questions.

Coming up to the holiday party season, I thought I would answer some of your pressing questions to get you through the season. Unfortunately I have not asked anyone if they actually have any questions so I will make them up myself.

Emma asks-

Q. I am going on a wine tour, and it is most of the day. What do you suggested I wear and what make up will last the day?

A. Well Emma- good question I find myself in the same situation. I am going to make sure I wear a primer under my bb cream. I am not going to do foundation, because if the day is hot- you don't want to worry about it falling of your face. I also think I will wear waterproof mascara for staying power, and line and fill in my lips with a lip pencil and then cover with a gloss or a sheer lipstick.
Clothes wise- wear something comfy, and most importantly wear comfortable shoes. Wedges do well because they are high without hurting (too much) or you can't go past a nice flat sandal.
Have fun and don't forget WATER, WATER, WATER!!

                                                      

Q. I read recently a make up artist saying that lip liner is ageing and old fashioned. WTF??? I thought you said it was an essential.

A. OMG- I read that same article! I think she meant the obvious line around the lip. I think the way around that is to shade in the whole lip or at least three quarters of the lip. It gives you lipstick or gloss something to hang on to.

Q. I am wearing a beautiful silk dress to a wedding. What underwear do I wear?

A. I have one word for you. SHAPEWEAR. It will suck you in, make your dress "glide"over your butt and not give you a knicker line. The end. Target now stock a delightful range of underwear your granny would be proud of.
                                                     

Q. Where do you stand on playsuits or jumpsuits? I really like them.

A. Me too. Just don't wear them when you are having a big boozy night. Because the novelty of disrobing every time you need to go to the toilet gets boring. Very quickly.

                                   

Q. What hair styles do you recommend for this festive season.

A. Well that depends on three things- your hair type, the weather and how much time you had to get ready. I have long hair that is fine, but frizzy- so if it is wet or humid- the hair goes up. If it is pleasant I will wear it out, if it is hot I will go up (I hate being uncomfortable).  There are lots of cool ways to wear your hair up- a messy bun, a messy pony, a sleek pony, some braids, a top knot just to name a few. Go to Pinterest for inspiration (some even have a tutorial).
I find myself even going old school these days and hairspray, mousse a curling wand and velcro rollers have become my new best friend. I split my hair into 4 sections, curl it with the wand, then roll up the hair in the rollers while it is still hot, do my make up and then shake out the rollers. Hey presto!!! Bounce with a bit of curl. Sometimes I also have to put some serum through as well.

                                                                 

Q. What do you suggest I put in my bag? I only want to take out a small bag, so obviously not much can go in there.

A. Good question- I find you need some cash, your eftpos card, your ID, your phone,  my amazing illuminating powder, a lipliner and a lipstick. If you can fit it in your bag I also add some neurofen and some tissues. The less you have, the less you have to loose.


Q. What tips can you give me for a good night out?

A. The biggest advice I can give you is to be comfortable. This means comfy shoes, a dress or outfit that fits well, knickers that don't go up your bottom,  make up that doesn't fall of your face, and lipstick that doesn't bleed( That is why red is never a good choice because it can get messy. It is hard enough to put on at the best of times let alone when you have had a few white wines.) The only thing you want to worry about is having fun- not pulling down your dress and tucking your boobs back in.

Looks awesome- but you will be tucking your boobs in all night.

Q. Where do you stand on sparkles during the day?

A. I love sparkles at any time of the day. Obviously sparkles lend themselves to night, but that doesn't mean you can't wear them during the day. If you are wearing sparkles during the day- just try and dress them down a bit. Try adding thongs, or flat sandals, or if you are wearing a skirt and a denim shirt or a plain singlet or tshirt. SHINE ON I say!



Q. If you could only give one piece of advice what would it be?

A. Mascara. Apply lots but not lots so it goes clumpy. It is like whipping cream- you take it just to the point just before curdling. And also hold the wand to give the lashes a bit of a curl. If I can make it two bits of advice- when you get the hiccups- it is time to stop drinking. You are drunk.

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment