Sunday 28 June 2015

A quick nail polish survey

Needless to say I love going shopping. My youngest daughter loves the idea of going shopping, although I think this is mostly due to the fact that she will either get a boost juice or a trip to Kikki K (and who wouldn't?).

One thing we always like to do when we shop is try on nail polishes. This started because Sportsgirl have a little bar where you can try on their nail polishes. Now to be honest I find this idea a little bit odd because you will paint your nails and then look at the clothes. And as we all know wet nails and clothing equals disaster. But I guess that is there problem.

So last shopping trip I decided Indi would trial the nail polishes for me. On her cute chubby little fingers we put on two colours in Sportsgirl, three in Witchery, three in Mecca (using their own brand) and  the left over two were Essie from Priceline.

After a week of tough kid treatment- the last polish still standing was...........Witchery. And it lasted quite well. There was still plenty of colour left on the nails where as the other colours had completely chipped off.

The prices of the polishes are Witchery $14.95, Mecca $22.95, Essie $16.95 and Sportsgirl I couldn't find a price online, but I am guessing you would definitely get change of $20. The colour range of all the brands is good- Essie obviously have the most choice, Witchery and Mecca have more classic colours and Sportsgirl have a more "faddish" range.



What brands do think have good staying power? Have you found the holy grail of polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment