Sunday 28 June 2015

Can't touch this. Or the day I wore drop crutch pants to work.

Fashion is a funny thing. Funny how it evolves. As in "I will never ever EVER wear drop crutch pants because the make you look like you have poo'd your pants."

These make you look like you have poo'd your pants

That was me two years ago. Actually that was me 2 weeks ago. I looked at that trend with disgust, and fascination. Until I walked into Zara on Saturday and saw the shop assistant (are they still called that?) wearing a pair of black drop crutch pants. I knew at that very time I had to have them. Well not hers specifically but a nice clean pair that were hanging conveniently where I was standing.


This is more like mine. But without the fur coat. I get allergies.

I grabbed them, didn't show them to my accompanying shoppers lest they make me change my mind and headed to the till like a women possessed before I could change my mind. Well only pausing to tell my mum to grab me the a shirt off the rack that I also had to have (come on it was $25. Yes practically free).

I was so happy with my pants that I didn't take them out of the bag until Sunday night- all ready for the reveal on Monday at work. I texted two of my work friends who also are members of the fashion police  to warn them that I would be wearing my drop crutch pants and to be prepared. One replied with "........mmmmmmm.........no comment", the other with "Hammer time."
Ahhhh MC Hammer pants.


Monday morning came around. I copied the exact outfit the shop assistant was wearing and walked out of my bedroom. My husband said nothing about my cutting edge fashion choice. In fact no one said anything. Apart from my fashion police friends. I got a " geez they are unflattering" and "Can't touch this"sung to me. Actually the only comment I got all day was about my silver trainers.

So all I can assume is that
1. They looked ok
2. They looked really really bad and no one wanted to tell me that I looked as though I had poo'd my pants.

In a post script to this blog- I thought I had published this on Tuesday. It would appear not. I have since wore my MC Hammer Pants nearly every day since. I think I am in love, or it could be the fact they are so damn comfortable I feel like I am wearing my tracky.

No comments:

Post a Comment