Saturday 16 January 2016

Holidays are just fabulous

I love holidays. Which is good because I have been on holidays since October. Sadly they are coming to an end and going back to work is in sight. Luckily I still have a few special things to come before I head back.

The only thing about holidays is that I really don't do much, which is awesome, but makes blogging a bit boring because there is not much to say. So I thought I would give you a little catch up on anything and everything I have been doing.

1. I accidently  bought a very expensive pair of bikinis.
During the week I went to Mandurah to visit my friend and her family. I knew we were visiting down at the beach. I forgot my bathers ( and this wasn't an "accidently on purpose" mistake so I could buy a new pair). I had to go and buy some at the shops. The only shop I could find was a surf shop. When did bathers become so expensive? They are just little bits of fabric? I don't like buying bathers, I find it as traumatic as buying jeans so the last few pairs I have bought was at Target and Kmart and they were cheap and did the job just fine. So I now have 4 black bikinis.



2. I am still watching Nashville. 
My god I love it. I have always secretly loved a bit of country and western. I am still walking around the house singing and did a rather fab rendition of Adele's 'Hello" in country style. My attempt to do my hair like a Nashville chick has hit a wall though because it is really hot so the most adventurous I am getting is a pony tail OR a top knot and also my first attempt resulted in me burning my forehead with my curler.

3. I have a really sore butt.
Let me explain. I have been riding my exercise bike. I sticky tape my iphone to the bike and watch 2 episodes of Nashville. My butt is not adjusting. I have even resorted to wearing my proper bicycle shorts with padding. Still very tender. And I look like a fool. 

4. I have cut carbs/ quit sugar (again)
Still trying to shed the moonie (boot) weight. Liteneasy wasn't working fast enough and I watched "That Sugar Film" (life changing) and decided it was time to quit that sugar stuff. I have not had a piece of bread in a week, or .......A GLASS OF WINE. Don't panic - I have however had lots of gin with diet tonic and vodka. Both good low carb options.

5. I have bought some new make up.
I bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette. It smell and tastes ( don't ask why I know it tastes like chocolate). I bought this because I think I maybe allergic to my Urban Decay palette. I now think it might be my eye cream because I was putting it on the lid. Mmmm. Anyway the Chocolate Bar Palette is fab. I also bought the Maybelline Instant Age rewind eraser wind concealer. 


This has become a bit of a cult product with beauty bloggers and you can use it as a highlighter as well. It is nice. And only around $20.

6. I rejoined the cult
Of shellaced nails. I was thinking about going acrylics but then my very sensible friend said ( and I quote) " Are you fucking crazy? You will hate them in a week and then try and take them off." She was right of course. So I went shellac. They look amazing. I know I will need to commit to having them done. But I guess I can try.

7. I have found like Red Bull but in a packet.
I need a bit of a helping hand for a big night out these days. My friend sells Arbonne products and she gave me a bag of goodies and in there were these Energy Fizzy Sticks.  You mix them with water and BAM you are dancing until 3 in the morning.  Is there anything better than a guarana/caffeine mix?

And that is about it. Apart from the fact that I am still watching so many movies set in New York that I am getting home sick for New York. Which isn't my home, but is my spiritual home ( along with Bali, Mecca Cosmetica, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany and Dan Murphys of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment