Tuesday 5 January 2016

How much Foxtel and Netflix can you watch in a month.

Today I have been driving my children crazy. I have been walking around the house talking in a Southern American accent. I have also found myself texting friends in a Southern accent. I have found myself standing in front of the mirror seeing if I can stretch my hair to make it look longer, like one of those country and western singers. I have also told my children that from now on they are to call me Mama. The reason - I have finally discovered Nashville. The tv series about a washed up C&W singer, a current C&W superstar and a shy girl who writes poetry who magically has an amazing voice. Who saw that coming??

The hair, the sequins, two types of music- Country and Western. What's not to love?


I had to find a new show because it would seem I have watched every movie on Foxtel and have also watched every episode of Friends, Will & Grace and How I Met Your Mother. I have also watched all the cooking show ( I am finding Jamie Oliver very annoying Govnaar and why is he always in such a hurry?  and when did we all jump on the Korean food bandwagon? and Nigella making a vegan cake? Has the world gone mad?) and every Home Renovation Show. 

Not that this is a problem. Movies and television are my first love. Ask my mum and dad. Way back in the 80's we went to America. I didn't want to go sight seeing. I wanted to stay at the hotel and watch television. And the only time I remember my dad getting really mad with me (well apart from when I broke a bird bath at a nursery and hurt my legs- which I still say was my brother fault) was when we were going out and I wanted to tape The Love Boat, but my brother was already taping something stupid. Just because he was studying the book at school. (For the record it was Day of the Jackal)

Love....exciting and new.....


Because it has been too hot to do anything- I have rekindled my love for movies  and television shows that I have wanted to watch or watch again. So Foxtel and Netflix have been helping me out. Now being a Media teacher one of the pitfalls of the job is that I analyse every thing I watch. I watch crap movies and tv shows that were never meant to be watched in detail, in detail. This can make watching anything with me a bit annoying. Except for funny cat and dog videos. I never analyse them. I just watch those because they are funny.

Even the clothes couldn't save it. Now lets never mention it again.

My list of films for the last month now stands 25, and there have been some good- Trainwreck, Southpaw, That Sugar Film, some that I know I should like, but don't- Birdman anyone? The Lion King (why must they sing in every Disney Film and don't try and make me believe that Lions sing. Because they don't), some really bad- Sex and the City 2 (the less said about that the better), some so very bad they make you laugh- 50 Shades of Grey (seriously bad, like seriously), some that never get bad - Love, Actually (is there anything better than making fun of Kiera Knightly's jaw).

        Fast forward to 2:12. " I look quite preeeetttyyy" Gold.

Some you watch just to see the most beautiful dress in film history- Atonement (that green dress) It is a very good movie though.
The dress.. Oh my God- the dress

I am loving repeats of the Kardashians. I am glad I have had all my children before I discovered One Born Every Minute, because trust me, there would be no way I would be having them after watching that. Especially the bit when the baby's shoulder get stuck and the midwife jumps on them to push that baby out. You know once that hit that button it is never going to end well. My other favourite episode was the one where the two grandmas had a fight outside the room and one ended up in emergency. Lucky it was on the ground floor I guess.

One hazard of watching so much is that I am starting to get my viewing confused. I was watching How to Make a Murderer ( on Netflix- very good) last night and I was getting the evidence confused with parts of Gone Girl. 

The only thing I have to do now is work out how I am going to write all this shows into my curriculum. I can see studying Jessica Jones in my students near future. I will just have to get them to turn around during all the naked bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment