Thursday 7 January 2016

My make up/ skin care favs from 2015.

Oh my gosh- I know it is summer but it is really hot. Summer has two temperatures. Hot and "oh my god it is too hot to do anything" hot. The last few weeks have fitted into the too hot to do anything. So seeing as I have nothing exciting to report on I thought I would fill you in on my favourite make up and beauty buys from 2015.

1. Hi Lift Cureplex


How to describe it? In my hair dressers words " It what Kim Kardashian used so she could dye her hair blonde". This products let you dye you hair but doesn't damage it and encourages new growth. In a non hairdresser way it has 3 bits- product 1 goes in with the colour, product 2 the hairdresser uses when they rinse of the colour and product 3 goes home with you to use in the place of a conditioner. Dawnie the wonder hairdresser has been using on me for about 12months and my hair is looking lush and I have new hair growth. AMAZING.
Here is a link that will explain it properly.

2. Mecca "In a Good Light"Tinted Moisturiser




I have been using this nearly everyday in place of a foundation. It is 30+, non greasy and a good blendable colour. With a touch of concealer and a bit of powder you are good to go.
Go Here for some more details.

3. L'oreal Infallible Foundation



This is my "going out" foundation. Great coverage, easy to blend and lasts. Nothing more to be said.

4.Perricone MD anything.



I'm not going to lie- this stuff is expensive. But for someone who is on the other side of 40 this range is pretty good. Known as "skincare makeup" so it is working on your skin as you wear it. I have the foundation, the blush, the concealer and the highlighter. The foundation is sheer, but your face looks fresh and feels beautiful. Is it worth the price?.......... Yes. If you want to try it I would recommend this pack that Mecca have at the moment. It is great value and has a few products in it including the skin care which I haven"t tried yet.

5.Sephora Crayon Lip Pencils



I bought a big pack of 10 of these when I was in New York, and they are the bomb. Smooth, moisturising, long lasting and highly pigmented. I have noticed that the Australian Sephora site doesn't have them but these seem close.  The Sephora "own" brand products all seem very good. I have eyeliners which are fab. You can buy online or if you are in Sydney and Melbourne they have stores there.

6. Urban Decay  Naked Palette




This cult product was always going to be amazing. I got the original one but there are other palettes you can try. The colours are beautiful and the brush it comes with is great. The only downer? I have a sneaky suspicion I may be allergic to it because my eyes get really itchy. At the moment I am putting it down to it being hot. There are also a squillion tutorials on looks you can achieve with this palette online. You can now buy this at Mecca in Australia. I got mine at Sephora in New York.

7. Too Faced Shadow Insurance



You know how your eye shadow creases after a while? Using this product it will not. It will stay in place and not budge. This comes in 4 shades from a nude shade to slightly tinted shades. I bought champagne  (of course I did) because I also use it as an eyeshadow on its own.

8.Skin Doctors Airbrush Eye 


I found this product from my friend. I was staring at her face when I realise she didn't have any wrinkles around her eyes. She had been using this. I started using it this week. I already know I'm going to love it, and when my skin care is finished I will be trying some other products in the range.

9. Paula's Choice Resist Brightening Trio


I have been using this as my skin care all year. Paula's Choice is a brand you can buy online and it is good. So good that I re ordered it (which I never tend to do as I like trying new things). I think my skin is looking ok, and I have noticed that some spots have faded. So that can only be a good thing. Right?

10. L'oreal Infallible 2-step Longwear Lipstick



If you only buy one lipstick make it this. In permanent blush. It is long lasting, a pretty colour and non drying. You will love it. I promise.

So that's it. My favourites for 2015. If course I still have my staples that continue to love year after year, but some of these are worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment