Thursday 5 January 2017

Some super good shows to watch this Summer.

As I have mentioned before I have always loved television. Like love, love love. I can still sing the jingles from my favourite shows from the 70's- Metal Mickey anyone?

So I thought I would share with you my favourite tv show that I have watched this year. All of them are available on Stan, Netflix or can be purchased on itunes. (if you are in Australia).

1. Game of Thrones. 

Goes without saying. The.Best. Ever.  The trick is to get over the fact that it is a totally nerdy genre, and to persevere through the first season.



2. The Crown.

I need to add a disclaimer that I love the royals. My cats are called William and Kate, and my dogs are Camilla and Charlie. I was always going to love this. Beautifully shot, cast and edited.  The best part is because it is real there can be no spoilers.





3. Unreal
Set on the production of a fictional dating show " everlasting" this is so entertaining. It's funny, and gives a great insight into how manipulative these shows can be. Love. Love. Love.






4. Younger
An America sit com about a women in her 40's who is pretending to be 26 (what's wrong with that?) Super funny, super short episodes and very entertaining. And it has Hilary Duff in it.


                                             

5. Crazy Ex Girlfriend.
I don't really know where to start with this. It is funny with lots of quick one liners- about a slightly crazy lawyer from New York moves to California on a whim to - definately NOT to be with her ex boyfriend from summer camp. Its weird. They break into song. But very entertaining.



6. Designated Survivor



I'm only an episode in but about what happens when the entire US political system ( from the President down) gets taken out by a terrorist attack. It stars Kiefer Sutherland who is surprisingly short and no where near as good look as he was when he was a Vampire in Lost Boys.



7. Stranger Things.


It is sci fi but don't let that put you off. It is based in the 80's and it stars Winona Ryder. I can't explain it but let me just say...You will love it. And never look at fairy lights the same again.
                                      

8. Extremis

This is a very short 28 min doco set in the ICU of an American Hospital and shows how families deal with the decision to turn off life support. Only watch when you are ready for a good cry.



9. The Night Of
This was my favourite of the year. Based on a night which ends up in a young women being murdered, but the guy who was with her cannot remember what happened and if he did it. It examines racism, the America legal system and not fitting in. It is sooooo good. I had to buy it from itunes but worth every cent.


10. Upper Middle Bogan.

Makes me laugh every single time.


No comments:

Post a Comment