Thursday 19 January 2017

Where to find this uncool kids.

Uncool?? Me?

It's official. I'm not a cool kid. How do I know this? Because Who Magazine published an article on Perth (the city in Western Australia where I live for my non- Australian readers) and I didn't know or have been to one single restaurant that they recommended. Not one. So here is mine. I think I will call it

" Where you will find the UNCOOL kids."






Breakfast.
Just a disclaimer here I hate going out for breakfast. Give me the choice between going out for breakfast and sleeping in and staying in my pyjamas all day. I'm going for a sleep in every time.
Sparrows Nest
Call me biased and a little bit lazy but this little cafe in Vic Park is close to where I live and make a super yummy breakfast. I can never go past the Eggs Benedict myself. My daughter on the other hand has a tuna toastie. Go figure.
Jack and Jill
this bit of delicious from Jack and Jills

This is in Kalamunda- they have amazing food, and the coffee is wonderful and an added bonus is that a former student of mine is the owner and chef. It's the bomb.
Beachside Snack


Bib'n Tucker
This one is a little bit hard for me because I really don't go to the beach very often and by not very often I mean if at all (unless of course I am in Bali or down at Mandurah) So I'm going for...this one.
It is in Freo and it's on the beach. The view is good and the food is nice. And that is all I've got to say about that.


Long Lunch
The Balmoral
This uncool kids says there is only one place to long lunch and this is it. Because you rock up for a drink, end up having lunch and then somehow its time for dinner. 



Lapa (the Freo one)
I had a very long lunch here. And by long I mean 10 hours. It is a Brazilian restaurant. It has meat and yummy salads. Nothing else needs to be said.

On a date
This one is tricky because it has been a rather long time since I have been on a date. So this one is where I would like to go if I get taken on a date 
Rockpool
An oldie but a goodie, but my favourite is also a good steak with a bit of bearnaise sauce.
Amici Mei
This is a little Italian restaurant close to my house but I do love it. Very casual but the food is so good.
Nobu
Who doesn't love Nobu?? Although don't go there when you are really hungry- it doesn't exactly fill you up. 

Drinks
I am starting this with drinks in Perth are expensive. Like really expensive. Like don't plan on eating AND drinking expensive. Its one or the other. So these are where I went for my last drinks.
The Crown
Yes I know this is a little bit daggy- but stay with me. A $5 uber from home, lots of bars and a damn good dance on a Friday night.
Sneaky Tony's
A rum bar in Northbridge. You need a password on the weekends, the bar has no signage (which is weird because the prices are so high you think they could afford one). They make the coolest Pina Colada in a can.
Bobeche
this is me tucking into the free popcorn.

They do yummy drinks in a teapot. And give you popcorn. Which is good because a teapot of drink will cost you the equivilant of dinner and a bottle of wine.
Helvetica
This is a cutie little bar, within walking distance of Bobeche which is always handy. And they do lots of yummy drinks- they average the price between $15-$20.
Embargo
This is a pop up bar. At the moment it is in Elizabeth Quay. I really like it. But here's a tip - buy a bottle of wine or champagne. It's more economical. You are welcome.

Wellness



I've got nothing to say on this one. Go for a walk around the river or a run along the beach.

Sharing
I don't share. Please don't make me go to a sharing restaurant. To me it is like going to a party where there is nibbles. You get home and feel like you haven't had dinner. So you go home and make yourself a polony and tomato sauce sandwich, when in reality you have eaten the equivalent of three main meals.

A cheap and cheerful.
The Carlisle
$10 Chicken Parmie. $12.50 with salad. Say no more.



So there you have it. This is where you will find this "uncool kid". 

No comments:

Post a Comment