Sunday 22 January 2017

Why dogs are better than humans.


The babies asleep on my pillow.

I'm lying in bed. It is a Sunday afternoon. I only got up to eat breakfast. Some of you might call it a lazy day- but I feel it is my duty as a working human to spend time with my babies.  One is next to my head, the other is next to my feet. They are snoozing. It is only fair that I am with them.

I never really liked dogs. In fact people who had dogs really annoyed me. And then I got my 2 dogs and I am officially the biggest dog lover. I send dog videos, I stop and talk to all the dogs in the street, in fact I don't think I have met a dog I don't love. I wish I had a "bring your dog to work day" so my babies could come with me. 

Not convinced?? Here is my list of " Why dogs are better than people"

1. They are always super happy to see you.
You walking through that door and it is like you have been missed like never before. Even if you only left 30 seconds ago and had to come back because you forgot your phone. My white fluffy dog even brings me a present. It is usually a shoe and oddly always the right one. I do wish she would mix it up. I have many odd shoes lying around.

2. They don't care what you feed them for dinner.
As long as it is food- they are good. No whinging from them that they had the same thing last night.

3. You can teach them stuff.
I have taught my dogs how to high 5. If only I could teach my students that easily. Maybe I need to bribe them with carob treats as well.

4. The look interested when you tell them stories.
No matter how boring - they will look at you intently and even turn their heads to the side when you tell them a story. And they never offer dumb advice.

5. They never complain about what you are watching on tv.
As long as they are next to you- it's all good. Well except for Charlie. You can't watch animal shows with her. She jumps up on the tv to try and eat them I'm sure she is just protecting me from getting trampled by elephants.

6. They never say they are bored/tired/hungry/or want something.
They just want you in fact I think being bored with you if their favourite thing.

7. They always love a cuddle.
My dogs love cuddles so much that the sleep on the bed with me. One sleeps on my head. In fact she is doing it right now. ( don't judge- I would have said it was gross as well until I got a dog).

8. They protect you.
My dogs, even though they are small are my protectors. They have a sense of who I don't like. As the lady who lives next door found out. 

9. They always think you are right.
Yep- you never get an angry word, or an argument out of these babies.

10. They love you unconditionally.
As far as my dogs are concerned I am the best person in the world. And I love them right back.
Who could not love this little pumpkin?



No comments:

Post a Comment