Thursday 5 January 2017

What too wear when your butt (and boobs) get bigger.

Now I may have said in previous posts that I have gained a few extra kilos, the reasons for this vary from not being able to run which is the only thing that keeps my weight under control due to the stress fracture that just keeps on giving ( note to all- don't run for 27km on a fractured leg) to my fondness for a glass (ok bottle) of sparkling. This has resulted in a few things for me which has included people asking if I have had a boob job as my previous "lucky if I fill out a B cup" moving to a D cup, and a fondness for fake tan, because we all know that brown fat looks better than white fat. But the biggest change has I have had to alter the way I dress.

I am genetically blessed with good German stock which means I have a top size smaller than my bottom size, ( and also if there is ever a famine- I've got it covered). Even at my skinniest I am lucky to squeeze my lower half smaller than a size 12 (thats a US 8), so the extra 5- ok maybe 10 kilos is causing me grief. But never fear here are some solutions I have found.

1. Work out what your good bits still are.
Mine are my shoulders and my legs (up to half way up my thighs- thats when the German bit kicks in). I always make sure that what I wear highlights this- hence the trend for off the shoulder has been a blessing.
                                    
  I have this dress. I also have three in black (all different lengths) and green.

2. Direct attention away from bad bits. 
I have taken to wearing earrings that are dangly. People are so confused as to what has happened to my plain pearl studs that they are not looking at my butt. A cool pair of sunnies will work a treat as will shoes and even a denim jacket tied around your waist.

                                  


3. Change up your makeup and hair.
Yes my face is fatter. But on the plus side is I have filled out those wrinkles (win). Contour and highlight and even wear a bright coloured lipstick. And do your hair. When your hair is looking fab- you feel fab.



4. Buy new bras.
You need to chuck out the old ones. Nothing makes you look fatter than boobs spilling out of a too small bra. And if like me you hate having big boobs- get one that does not "enhance"


5. Invest in some big knickers
You can tuck you tummy into them. Once again- nothing looks worse than too tight knickers. A big pair will smooth and you will also not have to spend time picking them out of your bottom.

6. Support/ control wear.
Inventions of the gods. There is nothing wrong with being bigger, but no one wants to be lumpy.

7. Get the length right.
I have been wearing dresses, but the need to hit the thinnest part of you legs. I have what I like to call muscular calves. If a dress hits that point my legs looks like elephants.


                                


8. Dresses.
Dresses are good. I have been wearing lots of dresses and I have been embracing the off the shoulder dress, and even adding a few frills. I know right?? Who am I?

9. Get some colour into your life
I only wear black, grey with maybe some white thrown in for good luck. But I have invested in florals and I even bought a green dress. Once again- people were so shocked I was wearing colour that the size of my butt wasn't even an issue. In saying that though- colour blocking (wearing all black is always a safe option)





10. Cheap bicycle short.
Yep- you heard. Get yourself to Kmart and on the way to the homewares section get some $6 bicycle shorts to wear under your dresses so chaffing is not an issue. Genius.

11. You may have to go up a size.
Now I know this one can be tricky because once you go up a size it can be a slippery slope to not getting the weight off ( if you so desire), but as with knickers and bras there is nothing worse than too tight clothes. And as a friend said to me once- no one can see what number is on the label. Preach that one sista.

12. Shop around
When you are carrying around some weight you don't want to spend heaps on clothes. I have been shopping online a lot. ASOS has a sale right now and stuff is soooo cheap it would be a crime no to buy it. 

12. Own it.
Wear your extra kilos with pride and confidence. If you are healthy and happy who cares if your butt is a little bit bigger??

No comments:

Post a Comment