Sunday 27 October 2013

I bought some new perfume!


Cate and Si
I know I am supposed to be on a self imposed budget, but yesterday whilst I was waiting for my cousin for our lunch date- which turned into an early dinner at Jamies Kitchen (yum by the way), I wondered through Myer, bought myself a replacement MAC lipliner in Soar (I lost mine somewhere between Saturday night and Tuesday night) and walked straight into Cate Blanchett.

Well ok it was a poster of Cate Blanchett but she was advertising the new Giorgio Armani perfume Si. The very same one I got a sample of last week and have been wearing everyday. I tried to find a way to buy it but my googling was fruitless and I couldn't find it's release date anywhere so I could only assume it was fate that lead me in the direction of Cate. In Myer.

Now the reason it is significant that I bought perfume is because I am headachy. And perfumes give me headaches. In fact I had to quit my job at Estee Lauder because I would finish every shift with a migraine. I actually think it was the smell of Arden's Red Door that did the damage but that's another story.

So when I find a fragrance I like and don't get a headache from I have to buy it. So Si now has pride of place on my dressing table, next to the bottles of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, Tresor in Love, Chloe and Hello Kitty (that's not mine but I have taught India that even a 7 year old needs a signature scent). The interesting thing is that the girl at Myer told me that they made the perfume to compete with Coco Mademoiselle.

Click on the link below for the in-depth explanation, which makes it sounds like a wine, but to me it just smells yummy.
Here is the lipliner if you are interested.
A nice natural colour, good with a clear gloss or balm
or goes under any colour lipstick.

The "smart" explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment