Saturday 5 October 2013

Packing

I am going away for a 5 day mini break to Melbourne. I am a great traveller, but a really crap packer. I start to think about the packing process about a week before I go, because I am determined that this will be the trip where I pack light and wear everything I take.
I have managed to get my make up and hair products down (this is a minor miracle but I have managed to get the essentials streamlined). I just cannot get the clothes thing under control.
There are too many variables when deciding what to wear. What is the weather going to be like?,What will I be doing ? Will I have to walk far? and of course there is my mood.
I am thinking I need options- so basic bottoms- leggings, jeans and shorts, a dress, t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, a jumper and a jacket. I think I will throw in a few scarves. Shoes-umm thongs or birkies (they are fashionable again remember), some ballet flats, and some "dinner shoes". I also am a big fan of singlets. They are a good stand by if the weather is coolish. Working in the Hills has taught me it is always about the layers
My running gear will also have to be thrown in.
There is also the option of buying stuff over there, which I always seem to forget. It is like I think I can only wear what I take.
This is where I am heading. Chuck in a chunky bit of neck bling and I think I am good.
Tomorrow If I can still function after my half marathon, I will give you a peak into the streamlined makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment