Sunday 9 February 2014

My week was crap. How was yours?

I have been terribly quiet this week, because I have returned to work and I have been brain dead by the time I get home. So rather than a big long post her is a couple of bits from my week.




Loyalty.
A few weeks ago I went shopping with my girls. After a few visits to a few shops my big daughter starting laughing at me. She then gave me the ultimate insult. She told me I had turned into an old woman. Because at every shop we went to, I handed over my loyalty cards. Yep, I am a loyalty card junkie. They can be painful and make my purse very bulky, but seriously they are totally worth it- as long as it was money you were going to spend anyway.  My favourite are-

Witchery- I got a $20 voucher the other day 

Priceline- theirs is pretty cool- you get a cash back at the end of each quarter to spend in the store. It is all relative to how much you have spent during that period.

Mecca Cosmetica- have revamped their loyalty program and the other day I got a cute little box with a few free samples in it.

Click on the links and they will give you details.

Other ones I belong to are Everyday Rewards at Woolies. I love, love, love this one because I spends heaps on groceries and it all collects as Frequent Flyer Points- I then pay with my credit card linked to the same FF program. In case you didn't know I love to travel, so we have done a few trips to Bali on FF points collected mostly from doing the groceries.
I also have flybuys but I think it is pretty crap. You need soooooo many points to do anything. 

Phillip Seymour Hoffman-
This made me so sad. He is one of my most favourite actors ever. I think the thing that makes me sad is that it was drugs that got him. When you see how many amazingly talented people are waging and/or losing the battle with drugs it is quite depressing.


'The Talented Mr Ripley" is one of my fav movies ever. Matt Damon was amazing, Jude Law was amazing, Cate Blanchette was..well you get the drift. But Phillip Seymour Hoffman was without a doubt the best.

Sorchi Olympics-
I think this is kind of cool, and the fact that behind the scenes is so dodgy makes it even cooler. Just like the cool cats that ski and snow board. They are the coolest, most totally rad people ever. I know they are rad because when I went skiing last year, my friend Dee and I pretended we were friends with them and stood behind them waiting for the ski lift. They wore long ski jackets (man didn't I feel daggy in my  hot pink parka) and used words like "rad" and " narly" and "bitchin". For real.


This is Alex "Chumpy" Pulin. His is a totally rad snowboarder who was the flag bearer for the Olympics. He is the epitome of cool. And he does a rather fine blue steel. ( I think he may have also had a bit of botox before the games. Not that I am judging)

INXS- I loved Inxs. They were my youth. I though in time MIchael Hutchins and I would find each other. We had the same hair. Maybe I was wrong. (about being together, not the hair).


Drinking-
I gave up drinking for two (well nearly 2) whole weeks. I don't think I gave up alcohol though because I am pretty sure it was still stock piled in my system. It was very hard on the weekends, and I am not going to lie, I felt no healthier at all. I have started drinking again. This coincided with the week I started working again. I see a connection.

Tutu Skirts.
When I was younger I wanted to be a ballerina. This is funny because I really, really can't dance, I have no coordination, and lets face it- this body has never, and I repeat in shouting NEVER been a dancers body. Thinking about it now I think this may have more to do with the fact that I always just really like tutus. Tutu skirts are now in fashion. Thank you fashion gods. You would make them fashionable now when I am 42 and far to old to be prancing around in tulle.


This is Wheels and Dollbaby. Sooo pretty. In the words of Rachel Zoe. I'm hungry. Jokes- "I DIE"

Kate -sorry- Catherine Middleton (yeah whatever)
Apparently the Queen has given her some fashion tips and told her to lower her hem lines, but some weights in the hems to stop them blowing in the wind, and to start wearing more tiaras. She also told her to cut off that ridiculous school girl hair of hers, and maybe dress poor Prince George in something better than a bonds wonder suit and girly hat  that both look like they came from a swap meet.  Ok I made that last sentence up but I do have two very valid points. If I can't wear a Tutu skirt, she can cut her hair.
Damn fine legs though.

I'm sorry Prince George, I don't care how big your private plane is, if you keep dressing like that you will never bag North West Kardashian.

Now on to some important issues- What is Shapelle going to wear when she gets out of jail? Yes I really am that shallow.

I'm going to have another wine. I have 12 days to catch up on.

This is one of my favourite Inxs song. It is a cover of Jackson by Inxs and Jenny Morris. I bought it on a cassingle. Ask you parent kids..

1 comment:

  1. Soooo funny! I really needed this today. Tuesdays are my struggle day - no problem with Monday, but I totally get Tuesdayitis. Next week I will come straight to your blog for my 'wet my pants laughing' fix!

    ReplyDelete