Wednesday 19 February 2014

MKR recap. The night of the stupid food combinations.

Yawn. Yawn, yawn, yawn. As I mentioned in last nights recap I find molecular gastronomy soooo 2010, and just stupid. I also find stupid food combinations stupid. If things were going to work together they would be done, so I was not holding out much hope for Josh and Danielle.

Our episode began with Josh explaining that the difference they have over the others is that they are using science. I'm calling you on this one Josh, because all cooking is science. And I haven't done any Chemistry since 1986. 

Josh loves cooking. It is his happy place. Well Josh that is because you don't have to cook dinner every night after a day at work. The pair head off the Coles. They are in trouble. Josh didn't get the memo that they have to run. 

               " I can't believe Josh forgot to run in Coles"

They are making a Oxtail and mushroom gyoza with sides that don't match, sous vide salmon, because someone has been watching too much Top Chef, with cinnamon biscuits and a vanilla mayonnaise. Really? REALLY? You two quit your jobs for this??? Dessert is a Parfait with maple syrup bacon. I get this dessert because 1. I love maple syrup bacon and I am guessing it will be like a salted caramel flavour and 2. In the words of Donkey from Shrek - "Parfait- everybody likes Parfait".

They prep. Or rather Danielle preps. I don't really know what Josh is doing. Faffing around with his stupid little chemicals. The guests arrive, Pete and Manu- "The Big Rigs" (nope don't get that reference either) arrive. They wait a looong time while they roll out the dough for the gyoza, and Josh does his apple sphere.  The guests are eating the chocolate dirt on the table and licking the paintings. It looks like if Josh is not watching Top Chef he is watching Heston Blumenthal. I am also starting to question if anyone actually attempts to cook this dishes before they go on the show.

Dinner is taking so long, Carly eats the menu which turns out to be the best dish of the night.

Finally the gyoza's are ready. Or is that the gee oh sa's, or maybe the gyozoe's. I really wish we could agree on pronunciations of things.

Needless to say they all hate they entree. Josh and Danielle are gutted. They quit their jobs for this.

The cook the main. Everyone hates it. Josh and Danielle are gutted. They quit their jobs for this.

They make the dessert. Everyone hates it. Josh and Danielle are gutted. They quit their jobs for this.

Insert where applicable- Kelly and Chloe smirk, Harry is an idiot, David is becoming older by the episode, Carly is being sweet and nice, Anna forgot to put her make up on, Manu and Pete are looking smooth, and Cathy has thankfully not worn such a low cut top.

They score a dismal 51. This puts them at the bottom of the leader board. They are gutted. Did I mention they quit their jobs for this?

all images via the My Kitchen Rules web site


No comments:

Post a Comment