Tuesday 22 July 2014

It's been a while between beauty blogs.....

So I thought I would fill you in on my latest beauty purchases.

I am a little bit slow of the mark, but I have finally come around to the joy of a good shellacking. On my nails you dirty minded people. I don't spend much time on my nails, because they break really easily, but on my birthday my friend took me to have my nails shellacked. It was a revolution. My nails stayed done for three weeks. Maybe the only downside is that I had to commit to a colour for three weeks, but it was ace. 

My second shellac didn't last the snowboarding trip all that well, but I think that had more to do with the fact that no part of my body survived the snowboarding trip well. Yesterday I went and got another good shellacking. My nails look the bomb, I went back for a dark colour because I think it seems to last ( or at least appear to last longer). It cost me $45 but to be honest considering how much I was spending on nail polish, I think it is worth the cost, and it doesn't take too long.

I have also fallen in love with Nars Satin Lip Pencils. I have three. Well in theory I have three. I seem to have"temporally misplaced" one of them. This is code for " OMG I have lost a $39 lip pencil, and I haven't had a boozy night for it to fall out of my bag so it must be at home somewhere." I have a blue based red called Luxenburg, a hot fushia pink called Yu (this is the missing Yu. It is my least favourite of the three so if I am going to lose, sorry misplace, one I am glad this is it) and a nice everyday neutral called Isola Bella. They are available at Mecca if you would like to buy one.
So pretty.

 They also come in a Matt finish if you prefer I don't like Matt lipsticks, I find them a little unflattering on "older"skins. You young ones can wear whatever the bloody hell you want, so go for it. They also take me back to the 90's and the days of Poppy lipsticks which would practically tear your lips off as you applied them.  For anyone who cares- or remembers- Poppy is still doing lippies. They are only available in the US though, but they do look kind of cool. I am thinking she may have introduced some moisture to them. The site is called Lipstick Queen if you want to have a look.

The Nars pencils are really good because being Nars they have a really strong pigment, so they last for ages- especially the brighter colours, the have a glossy finish and they are moisturising on the lips. This is great for Winter, because as well as my nails taking a battering on my snow holiday, my lips also  are as dry as the Sahara desert and as wind swept as Beyonce's hair in a music video.

Yep, my lips are as windswept as this. 
I also have a new eyeshadow which is MAC Brule $33. It is a really nice matt base colour. I have been using it all over my eyelid when I want a no make up look ( it makes the eye look cleaner), and also as a base with some fab Stila Kitten over the top. I also when I am doing a stronger lip ( You don't use plural when describing lips, I don't know why)I  have been doing Brule all over the lid, apply a bit more on the lid below the crease line and then go nuts with some liquid eyeliner (I am still in love with my STILA liquid eyeliner) and mascara (still my Benefit They're real).

Brule 


Prep and Prime.



While I was at MAC I also replaced my Lip prep and prime. This is like a balmy wax that creates a nice base for you lipstick. It also helps to prevent the lipstick from bleeding. This is also $33.

I also made a purchase I am not happy with. When I bought my Nars lip pencil, I bought a matching lip liner. But is doesn't work. And when I say it doesn't work- IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! I can see it, I can feel it, it shows up on my hand but when I put it on my lips.....zilch zero nothing. It is a mystery. It is called Fantasia, which is apt because if you think it is adding colour, it is a fantasy. It cost me $36. I feel cheated. Maybe it was my mistake from moving away from MAC liners. I think they really are the best.
The mystery disappearing lip liner.



Here is a little shot of my shallackingly good nails- the colour is an awesome dark purpley black and my Nars lip pencil in Luxenberg. Ignore the bad regrowth ( I am unintentionally rocking a bit of balayage at the moment)- and the hair style. I overslept and had 20 minutes to get ready for work. The strategic placement of the hand is to cover the pimple I have on my forehead. My eyes also has the remnants of the Brule eyeshadow.



Remember if you want to go to the product web site, click on the Purple words, they are links. 



The pics are from the relevant brand web sites and the pic of Beyonce is via Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment