Thursday 15 January 2015

Ten reasons why I love Summer

I am a summer lover. And not just because I also have 5 glorious weeks of holidays. Well deserved holidays because I deal with other people's children for the majority of the year. For those of you who have children and are just about ready to kill them after 4 weeks of having them at home- times that by 30 ( kids in a class) and them by 5 (I roughly teach 5 periods a day) and that is how my days usually look.

This is not me, because as much as I love summer- I hate the beach.

So as I said this is not the only reason that I love summer. I also must say that on the other side I hate winter. I hate rain, I hate cold and I hate winter clothes. I made a deal with husband that if I am allowed to complain about the cold I will never whinge about how hot is, no matter how hot it ever gets. I'm looking at you 42 degree days. 

So here are the top ten reasons I love Summer in no particular order.

1. It is perfectly acceptable to spend the day in your pyjamas in bed doing absolutely nothing because " It is just too hot to go out in this heat."

2. You can set yourself the challenge to watch a complete series of a television show, because lets face it " It is just too hot to do anything else." My series this holidays is Breaking Bad. I am up to Season Three. I am also using the words "bitch" and "yo" probably more than I should.




3.You can get away without wearing any makeup. Because... " It is just so hot". In saying that though- my definition of no make up is tinted sunblock, mascara and lip gloss. Because that is no make up. Right?
Stila lipgloss in Juneberry is pretty awesome 

Best tinted sunblock and you can buy it at the Supermarket.


4. There is no such thing as dirty hair in Summer. Dirty hair is known as " adding texture "to your hair to create the perfect topknot.


5. Your wardrobe consists of basically the same three items of clothing. A pair of shorts, some singlets and a maxi dress if you are going somewhere flash. Like the supermarket.

6. In Summer it is perfectly acceptable to tuck your dress into your knickers if you get hot, without people secretly laughing at you thinking you accidentally got your knickers caught in your dress when you went to the toilet. ( there is a difference - in Winter a fashion disaster, in Summer- just fashion) This act even has a name. It is called strangely enough "the knicker tuck".

7.Your decision making process on what shoes to wear is easy. It is either your "good" thongs or your "everyday" thongs.  (For my not Australian readers to you I mean flip flops). This is a good thing because I read that you can get brain fatigue by wasting your brains time with decision making on minor thing like choosing clothes. That is why really smart people like Mark Zuckerberg always wear the same thing. Well that and the fact that he is a nerd.


This is obviously and example of "good" thongs. Because they are gold.


8. You always have something to talk about with the person who you never have anything to talk about with. You can talk about how hot it is. And hot it will be tomorrow. And then say " If you think it is hot now- wait until February"

9. You can drink your wine with ice blocks in it and no one will judge you or make fun of you. Or say " You must be from Western Australia." 

10. Everyone sports a little bit of a tan. And if I have said it once I will say it again. Brown fat looks so much better than white fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment