Monday 12 January 2015

What to have with your cup of tea (and how to use up christmas chocolate)


I make these rash decisions like " I am not going to eat biscuits so I won't have any in the house." And then I get hungry and want one with my cup of tea, so I whipped up a batch of yummy choc chip cookies while I was waiting for Breaking Bad to load on my ipad. ( Yes I know I was slow to join that bandwagon).

These cookies are also awesome for using up the dairy milk chocolate that comes in the Favourite Boxes that no one ever eats. I just roughly chop them and use those instead of choc chips.

Why does no one eat the dairy milk blocks?


Emma's Yummy Cookies

90g butter (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons castor sugar
1 egg
Vanilla Extract
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
however much chocolate you want.

1. Cream together the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
2. When that is combined add in the flours . I do all this stage in my mixer with the dough hook, but you can use the normal whisky thing.
3. Throw in the chocolate and mix.
4. Place 2tblspoon size balls on a lined baking tray and bake in a moderate oven for roughly 10-15 mins.
5. When they look ready take them out of the oven and put them on a tray. They will be soft when they are hot, but will harden up a little bit, but mostly stay softish.

These are also super yummy as the cookies for an ice cream sandwich.

YUMMO

No comments:

Post a Comment