Saturday 31 May 2014

It's time to revisit Beyonce.



To the left Bitches- blue lycra onesie optional

Those of you who are my Facebook friend will remember that a couple of weeks ago I had a little rant about people not sticking to the left. ( My readers from other countries may be a little confused right about now, but in Australia you drive on the left hand side of the road). I came up with a little reminder that I called "The rule of Beyonce" that is "to the left to the left".

What has started me off today is due to the fact that I got up this morning and went for a run. I concede that I may have a few ownership issues over the area that I run in, because I use the path everyday. I quite happily share this path with fellow runners and walkers and even the occasional dog. I begrudgingly share it with cyclists, because lets face it, unless you are a cyclist, no one likes cyclists- all that lycra, and they splash you and don't ring their bells (and while I'm at it, no one like roller bladers because they are just stupid). This morning I had an issue. People were not sticking to the left. And just quietly- I lost my temper a little.


Girlfriend- ain't got no time for people who can't stick to the left


It is really so simple. YOU STICK TO THE FRIGGIN LEFT. This rule applies to all aspects of life, Well except for Politics. Feel free to stick to what ever side floats your boat. Here is some examples for you-

When you are driving your car unless you are overtaking or feel the need to go quite fast - TO THE LEFT.

When you are running, walking, cycling on a path - TO THE LEFT

When you are walking in a shopping mall- TO THE LEFT

When you are walking up and down stairs- TO THE LEFT

When you are walking down the aisle in the shopping centre- TO THE LEFT

When you are on an escalator - TO THE LEFT.

Of course some times you may have to make some slight adjustments to the rule, but if you must make your way to the right, ease your way on back to the left when you can.

So simple, so easy. 
When we all learn to stick to the left , we will all be sparkling like Beyonce


Next time you are in a situation when someone is not to the left, just shout Beyonce. I am sure it will catch on.




.Images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment