Friday 23 May 2014

The Rules of Dinner Dates

I was having a chat with a friend at work today and he was telling me about how he went out for dinner with his wife and two daughters last night. He went on to say that he shared his daughter's dessert and she wasn't too happy about that. I looked at him like he was an alien and said " Well of course she wasn't." He told me that that was the deal. They could have dessert if he could have a taste. Well this is where he was wrong. A taste is a taste. A spoonful. Like ONE spoonful.Unless of course the situation is reversed. I told him he obviously wasn't aware of the rules. He agreed. So to make life easy for everyone out there- here they are. I like to call then "The Rules of Dinner Dates."


  1. Don't pick the restaurant. If we suggests going out for dinner, we has a place in mind. If you choose something yourself you are asking for disaster. Likewise, even if we say "You Choose" we don't mean it. Save the place you want to go to until you are going out with your mates.

  1. When we says I can't decide between and Entree and a Dessert, you say " Have both, you don't go out for dinner every night." Or order whatever we say " that sounds nice." This is code for, "thats what I want but I don't want to order it and look like a greedy pig so you order it and I will eat it."

  2. When we say " I can't decide between the chicken or the fish" she really means I will order the chicken and you will order the fish. If my chicken is crap, I will then  swap your fish with my chicken.
  3. We can eat whatever we want from your plate, because food from anyone else's  plate has no calories.
  4. When we say " Lets share a dessert." This is a lie. There is no sharing. You may get a spoonful, we will get the lot.
    Dream on- you are getting none of this.
  5. Do not attempt to try more than a mouthful of our dessert. A try is just that. A TRY. Do not go in for seconds because, well just don't.
  6. If we don't like our dessert, once again you will be expected to swap.
  7. When we say " Oh My GOD, I am so full I feel like a fat pig." You say " You still look amazing and there is nothing worse than going out with someone who doesn't eat."
  8. We do want another bottle of wine.
    Just order another bottle, no one wants to go home thirsty
  9. We may offer to pay. We don't mean it.
Happy Weekend
xx


all images via Pintrest

No comments:

Post a Comment