Sunday 18 May 2014

A boring blog about my week. Read this if you can't get to sleep.

Well I have been a bit quiet this week. I was thinking what can I talk about the is interesting. So I thought I would tell you about my week. A normal everyday week, where nothing all that exciting happens. So it is actually not that interesting at all.

So Monday. Well Justy and I are doing this 5:2 diet thing, so Monday and Wednesday are our fasting days. Another word for this is our grumpy days. Monday morning is also a running day for me, so my day begins at 5am with a 8km run. So I am tired and hungry. I also teach a 5 period day. So I am tired, grumpy and, well, tireder. I can't really say if the diet is working or not because I am not weighing myself, but my jeans were a little bit loser today, so thats a good sign.



Tuesday. This day had a highlight because I went to a cake decorating class which was super fun. The lady that ran the course also had 94.5 on the radio so It was songs from 1985. Now in my last ditch attempt to hang on to my youth, I only listen to young peoples radio stations, but this was super cool. So needless to say I was in heaven, surrounded by cupcakes with 80's music on the radio. The cakes looked amazing and were really yummy. The place we went was Just Cakes it was super fun and everyone will think you are really clever.


  It was as if she magically knew my favourite shade of blue was Tiffany

The highlight of Wednesday was that my Strawberry Net order arrived. My latest obsession is with my lips, so I am testing out Cliniques " All about Lips" 



                                 and Mecca Cosmetica's LipDeLovelyLipPlumpingTopCoat

I think this is around the time that I should be talking about my first world problems - but I have already done that. I also had a red bull for breakfast. This is bad. I know.

Thursday was dull. The only exciting thing was that it meant fasting was over for the week. So me being me I had to eat everything in sight just on the off chance I had lost any weight. Self sabotage is after all my middle name. I made for dinner, on the recommendation from my friend Claire, Donna Hay's cheats chorizo stew with creamy polenta. Now as regular readers of my blog will tell you, I have a love hate relationship with Donna, but this worked out ok, with only a few adjustments. I added more tomatoes, some tomato paste, a little bit of brown sugar, and stirred in some gorgonzola cheese into the polenta. The recipe was from last months magazine. It was yummy. Although after a fasting day anything is yummy.

Friday was friday which translates as WINE TIME. I am very good with not drinking during the week, but come Friday night- the booze is back. I also went to a new massage place and had the most amazing massage of my life. She worked on my dodgy hamstring, my dodgy sciatic nerve (an elbow in your butt cheek is a really painful experience ) , my dodgy feet and my dodgy neck. It felt like it lasted for 5 minutes. I think I was in a trance.

Friday was also amazing because I discovered Red Rooster have Chicken Parmigiana back on the menu. It was good. I am still a little concerned about why the peas were grey, but you can't argue with a parmie. I also managed to clean the fridge by finishing off 3 nearly empty bottles of wine. Go me.

Saturday I was meant to go for a run. It would seem however that although my head wanted to go for a run, my body did not. So I stayed in bed, until 10 when I realised the dog hadn't been to the toilet and that may have been the reason that she was crying next to the bed.  I took Cha Cha to the park and she met up with her boyfriend Wylie. I decided that this was much easier than taking her for a big walk, so she ran around like a little rat. ( I actually don't know if rats run, but whatever). I then had to do the mad " Holy shit Indi has to be at a party in 20 minutes and she is still in her pyjamas and we have to go and buy a present" dash ( it's ok, she got there in time, no thanks to the dumb boy at Target, who, even though I told him I was in a very big hurry he decided to tell me how the song " Drops of Jupiter" always made him happy- this is puzzling for so many reasons because it is not an especially happy song, and he was like 18 years old it's not like Train is like Nirvana and cool. You will be happy to know he even started singing it for me.)




Saturday night was football. I love the football because I get to have a pie. You also get to watch bogans in their natural habitat. I always think I have a touch of the bogan until I get to the footy, and then I realise I am not even close.  The lady two rows down from us consumed 11 Smirnoffs Ices, the drunker she got, the more she and her son high fived each other. She also stood up every time the Dockers got close to a goal. That meant that Justin saw no goals, except for on the big screen. He was getting mad, and then I bought him a Magnum and it was all good. ( It's not a fasting day- don't judge). 



Today is Sunday. I got up and went for a run. It was nice. I always make a habit of smiling when I run, because people always say " You never see a happy runner." When I run across the Causeway bridge I even pretend I am singing to a song on my iPod- to prove just how super happy I am . 

I came home and read the paper, because I like a good read of the Sunday paper, because it is full of crap. Justin and I also play restaurant review bingo. We try and guess what suburb the review is in. It is not a hard game because she only ever reviews places within a 5km radius of Subiaco.



The tart at the Balmoral

I then had a little snooze and then we met my friend and her boyfie for lunch at The Balmoral. It was yummy. I had pulled pork slider and caramel tart- (not a fasting day remember). We then had to leave because the fire alarm went off. I don't think there was a fire, but the fire brigade did come. We were already in the carpark by that stage so I missed out on seeing the fireman damn it. Why are fireman so cute and policeman let themselves go?





And that is that. My week. I have just read it back. My own eyes are glazing over. It's like when someones asks you how your weekend was and you start telling them in detail and they you realise they didn't actually really want to know, they were just being polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment