Monday 11 May 2015

An easy 10 minute make up

I realised the other day that I don't think I ever have a day were I don't wear some kind of make up. Even if it is the weekend and I am only going to the shop I still will always put on some mascara and lip balm. ( You always feel better with mascara)

Obviously the amount of make up that I wear varies from day to day, but even if I am going to work I have a fail safe quick routine that looks natural and is quick enough to do, even when I am in a rush.

I think everyone should have a go to fail safe look that you can apply with you eyes closed. Except mascara. Don't ever try to apply you mascara with your eyes closed. It will go clumpy and weird. It must be applied with your eyes open and with you mouth open.

Work Days require me to look awake, because if I don't you can guarantee that one of the kids would tell me that I looked like crap, and needs to last all day. I have narrowed my look down to 9 products and 10 minutes.

This is my easy morning make up- From left YSL Touch Eclat, Lancome Deficils, Hourglass ambient Powder (this was a mothers day gift), Nars Eyeshadow, Nars Foundation, MAC Soar Liner and Nars Eye Liner. It is looking very brown.

1. Foundation. I currently have three on the go and I will put one on depending on my my mood and the condition of my skin. I currently have  NARS Sheer Glow, YSL Youth Liberator ( no it is not liberating my youth in case you were wondering) and a Covergirl  Tru Blend on rotation. NARS is my first fav followed by the Covergirl - and it is so cheap!!

2. Concealer and YSL Touche Eclet are next. I am also using a Covergirl concealer which is a wind up crayon. It is the perfect shade and blends perfectly. Next comes the YSL Touche Eclat. This one reflects the light away from the circles. You don't have to use both- one or the other will do. If you have wrinkly eyes or dry skin go for the Touch Eclet. It is much lighter in texture and won't get stuck in your wrinkles.

3. Generally I either go for one or two shades of eyeshadow- depending on how much brightening up my face needs. If you are only going to go for one pick a really nice natural base shade to brush over the entire lid. Then with a smaller brush put a few more layers over the lid.  If you needs some sparkle I like either a metallic silver or gold. My Stila Kitten is my standard go to, as is my NARS Lysithea- that is silver . My new favourite base eyeshadow is NARS Biarritz.

4. Eye liner- I either use a NARS Larger than Life Long Wear liner in Via De Martelli (its a dark brown) or a Stila one in what ever colour takes my fancy. Sometimes I wear a purple colour which is sort of like an Aubergine or a Khaki. I have hazel eyes so those two colours work well.

5. Mascara. My day mascara is Lancome Defincils. In black - I don't get the point of any other colour. This one is just a good day one because it just adds colours and defines. I wouldn't use it for night because it doesn't do anything fancy, like thickening and lengthening.

6. Blusher - I nice natural colour, just a brush on the apple of your cheek. Nars Orgasm is always good. A coral colour (yeah I know it sounds like Granny stuff) also adds a bit of life.

7. Lips- a nice natural lip liner colour and then I shade in my whole lips, and then just some lip gloss in either natural or tinted. by shading in you entire lip means that you have some colour on your lips all day and you gloss has something to grab on to.

8. Finally a dust of Hourglass ambient powder all over, but especially on the cheeks to add some life and sparkle to your face, well a tiny bit of sparkle- not like glitter ballroom dancing glitter, like a " Oh my god she is just glowing today" kind of sparkle.

And that is how easy it is. If you want some colour or brand selections- or even some little lessons drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment