Sunday 24 May 2015

Get to Priceline NOW

On top of having a fab weekend - I made the best beauty buy on the weekend! For those if you who are in your 20's let me explain.

John Frieda - the man behind the Frizz Ease range (with out that product Nicole Kidmans career would have been so different) - was ahead of his time and came out with a sea salt spray  when the world was still stuck in " I must have a GHD to make my hair poker straight". Now for a curly haired girl like myself I appreciated the power of this stuff. It meant that I could give my self that amazing ' Oh I have just tumbled out of the ocean- don't I look sexy' hair instead of the " OMG my hair is fried from over GHDing" or the other option of " no that is not a birds nest on my head that is my hair" look I sported.
                                 



It was the bomb. It made your hair "nice" wavy, it didn't make it go crusty and it smelt like a mix between a pina colada and tanning oil (yes I said oil). It was my constant stand by for day two hair when I knew I had to step away from the GHD. But one day it was gone. Disappeared without warning. Just like the original Milo Bars (you know the ones that was solid Milo covered in chocolate that were one day replaced by some crappy thing that was like a milo flavoured Mars Bar?) I tried so many sea salt sprays and I had no joy- so I just gave up.

Until............... I SAW THE RANGE IN PRICELINE YESTERDAY!!!!!! The packaging was the same, the smell was the same and the result was the same. I was in coconut heaven. I bought a bottle, came home, sprayed that baby in my hair and I had it- casual tousled waves. 

Of course because it is 2015 the way I use the spray is a little different to the way I used it in the 90's which involved some mousse, a scrunch and a hair dryer. Today I would do some loose curls with a wand ( or GHD is you can do those, but a wand is easier). By loose I mean maybe separate your hair into 4 or 6 section, wind around the wand ,hold it for about 20 seconds, let it go and then leave it to cool before you shake them out, and then spray that good stuff to give it some hold and texture.

You want these curls
not these curls.


You will not be disappointed. I promise. And no you don't have to be blonde to use it- it works on any shade.




No comments:

Post a Comment