Wednesday 13 May 2015

Lets talk Winter clothes.

All right- we need to do it. Lets talk Winter wardrobes. It is not secret that dressing for Winter is not up there with my most favourite thing to do. If I had a favourite season it would be Spring. Followed closely by Autumn( but lets face it they are both kind of the same thing) and then Summer. I just find Winter clothes boring. So here are the essentials you need to make it through Winter.

1. A blanket wrap. This is sort of a mix between a really big scarf, a loose oversized cardigan, a poncho and a blanket.  Very practical and toasty. It is also perfect for hiding extra winter kilos.
       




Sussan and Katies                                               


2. Some pointe pants. They used to be called thick leggings, but this name sounds much better. Perfect for wearing with oversized jumpers, and boots and of course your blanket wrap.

3. Jeans. Now I know that last year I said that the jean is dead, but this was before awesome skinny stretch jeans were invented.  The ripped jean is also big, as is the boyfriend jean with a few strategically placed rips. Wear them with you boots, your heel, your trainers or your ballet flats


           

Jeans from Jeans West

4. The Luxe tracky pant. This is an interesting piece of clothing because they are soooo comfy and can be dressed up or down. I wear my to work with a basic top -but it must be half tucked- that is tucked at the front and loose at the back, otherwise it looks sloppy. The top should also not be too loose for the same reason. You also need to wear some decent shoes. Strangely enough the best kind of shoe to wear with this for dressing them up is a heel. If you are wearing them for casual- trainers will do just fine.
Witchery

5. The Jumper dress. These are everywhere at the moment and are really good for Winter. Just pop on a pair of thick tights or leggings and some boots- either ankle of high- and you are good to go.

Witchery

6. Skirts- anything goes really. Midi, Mini, Pencil, Full, leather, maxi tube whatever takes your fancy. Wear them with your tights. I would tend to go for an ankle boot (the first time you wear you skirt with you ankle boots you will feel a bit weird, but you will get used to it) or a long boot.

                       
                          Skirts are both from Witchery

7. Cardigans have taken over from jackets or blazers. They need to be oversized and/or chunky. There are also some really nice full length (maxi) cardigans. I have also seen fitted jumpers worn over shirts so you can see the shirts underneath.
                           
             

Sussan and Witchery

8. No Winter wardrobe is complete without a coat. Even though coats are expensive they are a great investment. I can see this Winter my coats of choice will be my black coat. I have had it for about 5 years and I am still wearing it.
Coat by Witchery
9. Colours for Winter seen to mostly be the traditional black and grey. Stripes are cool and there are heaps of patterns around as well.

10. Scarves. Big scarves, little scarves, patterned scarves. plain scarves. What ever takes your fancy. Just wear one. Especially with the black/ grey palate, these can add a splash of colour.
Scarf by Sussan


11. Weekend wear. My weekend wardrobe for Winter consists of my black Nike full length long running pants, a t-shirt , a black hoodie, or if it is really cold my Katmandu Black Puffer Jacket. My footwear is my Nike Free runs. With a Fremantle Dockers scarf thrown in if it is a footy day. Boring but comfy and warm.  Luckily for me Sport Luxe is still a big look for Winter, so wear your gym gear. As an added bonus people will think you are a mad keen exerciser. Just go with it.




12. Under clothes. These are your secret weapons. I always wear a singlet -I get mine from Zara and they keep you nice and toasty. Most clothing stores will do singlets for under clothes. I have them in black, white and nude. Tights are also essential and I always wear the ones that are fleecy on the inside. Metallicus black tops are a staple for under just about anything. They keep you toasty and are really thin so they don't add bulk. Leggings are also good under dresses and long skirts, and my other secret weapon is to wear my 2XU compressions pants under my clothes, because not only do they keep you warm they also make you look thinner. WIN!!!

All the clothes I have featured are from either Jeans West, Katies (seriously!!!), Sussan and Witchery. I would also recommend Seed, Zara, Sportsgirl and Topshop. You can of course go more expensive- but why would you??? Also sportswear from Nike shop,and Jim Kidd are starting to carry some really nice sportswear (and they have a lovely girl that works there on a Sunday). There is also Lululemon and Lorna Jane, if you want to spend lots.

Happy Winter Shopping! If you want any extra info drop me a line, or check out my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment