Friday 22 April 2016

A basic makeup kind of day.

When my recent camping trip got cancelled my friend and I decided to go camping at a 5 star hotel for the night. Best camping trip ever. We spent a lot of time discussing all sorts of things, and my makeup addiction did get mentioned. My friend asked me about my basics. Mmmmm basics. For me that is tricky because I very rarely leave the house without some products on my face. Not always heaps, but at least something.

Today was a not much kind of day. I'm on holidays, had some mummy duties to do, had coffee with a friends, finally went and bought the forgotten toilet paper from last night, had lunch with my mum and dad, went and bought some rugs for my house ( yes all with my pants on back to front). So I thought I would tell you what I wear on a "basics" kind of day.

1. Tinted moisturiser with an SPF. I used the Mecca one. It just evens things out and an SPF is important. Especially when you are old, and even when you are young. It will save you on Botox when you are older.

The concealer is Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous
                            
2. Concealer. I'm old. I have dark circles. I conceal. For a basic day I wont use my 'good" concealer. I use a good " drug store" brand and pat it on with my finger. It also makes your eye area look so much brighter (hence younger and fresher).

3. Mascara. I always wear mascara. Always. My lashes are very fair. Mascara makes you feel awake. Once again a good drug store brand does the trick.

Mascara is Covergirl Lashblash volume.
                                       
4. A bit of bronzer. I used my benefit Hoola. This stuff is awesome. It adds colour with a brush for bronzing and you can also use it to contour. It is a bit pricey $51 but it never seems to end. The box goes on foreeeeevvvvvvvvver. You can buy it here.

5. Lip pencil and a bit of gloss. Today was MAC Soar liner ( if you have one lip liner in your collection this should be it. It is both pink and nude) and NYX Gloss Butter ($9.95- almost free right????) in Creme Brulee. They are both natural pinky colours. I think because I'm older I need a liner, but not a harsh line. I kind of shade them in and smooth it with my finger.

6. Finally hair- brushed off my face in a high pony tail. Because it's the holidays I am trying to get away with not using heat on it everyday. It is dirty right now- so a pony or a messy bun are the best options on a day like this!


For the record that is not a weird black growth on my arm. Its my dog Charlie.

 All my "drug store" products came from Target, but you can get most of them from Priceline, Coles and Woolies (if you live in Australia). None of them were over $20.

On another note I am thinking of filming some tutorials. Would like to see them? and what would you like me to do?? Any thing you would like me to write about??


No comments:

Post a Comment