Thursday 7 April 2016

Things to do when you have other things to do.


Right now I am doing my Uni assignment. Well right now I am meant to be doing my Uni assignment. I know this this because I have all the files and readings open on my computer. I also know this because I came straight home from work yesterday to do it. Which I also did the day before yesterday. And last weekend when I kept the whole weekend free ( and didn't even go to the football)
so I could write it. Which obviously I didn't.

I have done lots of things in my life that have resulted in me asking myself " What the hell was I thinking." My decision to enrol in my Masters of Education is probably top of my list right now. I guess I decided that working full time and being a mum wasn't quite enough. It was exciting for a while, and maybe even a little bit interesting- but know it is boring and frustrating. I don't want to do it anymore. Hence my total lack of motivation.

So I though I would write you a list of the top 10 things you could do instead of writing your assignment.


  1. Watch makeup tutorials on You Tube. Who knew "baking" your under eye concealer was a thing?
  2. Try and recreate said makeup tutorials. I made myself look like Adele last night, but without the voice, not that this stops me from trying.
  3. Look up the makeup tutorial people on all their social media accounts. And then follow the links to people they follow. Which in time will lead you back to more tutorials to watch.
  4. Watch every single program you have recorded on Foxtel. Or Netflix Even the ones you don't remember recording.
  5. Text message your friend about what happened on the programs you watched on Foxtel or Netflix. And because you have different friends who like different shows you will set up a really good network of text conversation.
  6. Have a big chat with your dogs about how mean the cats are. (They eat their food)
  7. Have a chat with the cats about how mean the dogs are. (They chase them after they have eaten their food).
  8. Clean up and organise your folders on your hotmail account. Just ensure that when you are deleting folders you are not accidentally deleting the new folders that you created, hence deleting all the information you still need about you upcoming holiday. Whoops.
  9. Do some facebook stalking and try to find your best friend from Year 7. ( Who I found by the way- she still looks the same). But don't add them. And if you hit stalking gold- they might not even have their profile set to private and then you get hours of fun looking through their photos, and if you are really lucky you can then find other people you went to school with.
  10. Write a blog post about things to do when you should be doing your assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment