Saturday 28 December 2013

2013- Where have you gone?

Where has 2013 gone? Remember when you were little and the years seemed to take forever to go by? Now they seem to be going by in a flash. Part of this could be my fault, wishing my working year away, but I think I would like them to slow down just a little.
In the lead up to the New Year- I thought I would do a little rewind, starting with my third most favourite thing after clothes and makeup- celebrities.


A much as it pains me to say it 2013 was the year of Miley Cyrus. I would like to thank her for ensuring that no matter how unprepared I was I could always come up with a lesson on representations. Now if someone could please tell her to keep her tongue in her mouth that would be nice. She apparently is also credited with making twerking mainstream, I have heard though that she twerks wrong. Twerking is meant to be front to back, and she goes side to side. So there. I have included a video by  Tweetboogie (seriously) in case you are after some New Years Eve dance moves.


If you are interested Miley has a new video out, she is nearly naked and wriggles around on a sheet a lot. Yawn


Poor Amanda Bynes must get a mention. Although she is not well known in Australia, she rates an honourable mention to illustrate why 

1. You should never let your kids be a child star 
2. If you are going to wear a wig, wear a nice one and
3. Stay off the drugs kids.


The perfect Kate and Will, had a perfect baby George (actually apparently he isn't that perfect, he cries a lot. Sucked in). Strangely he has only been seen in public three times. I think he is still mad at them for making him wear a dress, and he is concerned that Kate is going to continue matching their clothes. At least he and his Dad have the same amount of hair.

What the hell is she wearing?

America royalty Kim and Kayne ( I swear his name is really Kane) also had a baby, Little North West. They call her Nori. The poor child will either been known as a piece of sushi or a direction. As if her parents weren't embarrassing enough.

                               " Kim and Kayne? I don't know who you mean"



Biebs went bonkers, got lots of tattoos and retired. All that needs to be said it-
1. Don't let you child be a child star and
2. Stay away from the drugs kids! (somehow I feel like I have said that before)

Jennifer Lawrence owned 2013 in a big way, and she is funny. Anyone who can trip on the way to accepting an Oscar and it still manages to look like an ad for a perfume is ace.


She also did get photographed smoking a joint, but she is a prime example of that if the media like you, you can do anything.
   
Beyonce was Beyonce and did lots of amazing things. Blah, blah, blah I'm bored.


Possibly the most genetically blessed child in history.

On the home front, Miranda "have you seen my boobs" Kerr broke up with Will Turner , sorry Orlando Bloom. I always get that confused, because one sounds like a Disney name and the other sounds sensible. This is very sad, because little Flynn Kerr-Bloom is a cutie pie. But in the best tradition of " I am wholesome and organic, they are remaining best friends". Well thats what they say until one hooks up with someone else.

Miranda has since been linked with Jamie Packer. 

              mmmmmmmmm- that was a thinking mmmmmm, not a yummy mmmmmm

One Direction showed that there is only ever One Direction. The boys were as cute and cuddly as ever, Niall and Louis stayed funny, Harry remained cute (and dated Taylor Swift and got his own song),  Zayn stayed mysterious and Liam remained the dad. ( I have no idea what that means either, but my 8 year old told me that is his job.)

Awww Cuties. My only concern is that they are over doing the random tats, but I guess they will be able to finance the removal.

Lara Bingle appeared on the cover of Who magazine again, with the same story of her new love, but this new love is Sam Worthington. I think they make a cute couple. The boy from Rockingham and the girl from the Shire. A bogan love match made in heaven.

And The Biggest Losers Michelle and Commando had an affair, broke up and got back together again. I also think they would be a perfect match. They could bore each other stupid with their healthy lifestyles. I wonder who would win in a fight though.

Julia Gillard- no matter what you thought of her politics or her ear lobes, she was our first female Prime Minister who put up with so much from the Media. If I was here I would be rocking in a corner with a nice bottle of cooking sherry. She is now living by the beach with her partner Tim and their dog. 


The world mourned the loss of Nelson Mandela. It was sad, but he was really old.

A publication got into trouble because they wrote a memorial to Nelson Mandela, and accidentally used a photo of Morgan Freeman. I can see it.
Nelson is on the right.

Their is so much more that I could talk about but these were a few highlights for me. I couldn't end the year in review though without a photo of the most famous perfect family in the world. 


Oh and His Royal Hot-ness grew a beard, after he hiked to the Antarctic (or somewhere really cold) with disabled soldiers. Sigh. 

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment