Wednesday 18 December 2013

A little bit of T & A, whoops I mean Q&A.

I thought I would answer a few questions from my Facebook post that could be answered easily. So tonight I will start with a question asked by Alison of Juvenile Detention 
Do you have to use products from the same brand?

Well Al, that is a very good question that doesn't have a straight answer. The short answer is no, the long answer is.. well it all depends. Some products like cleansers and exfoliators I would say use whatever. Essentially all the do is just that clean and scrub so they don't rely on other things. Other products like serums, moisturisers anti ageing products are designed to work in conjunction with others,

These two products are designed to be used together

 so in an ideal world where money is no object you would stay brand loyal. But we don't live in an ideal world so as long as you are using some kind of product on you face you should be ok. I would suggest

 A cleanser- gel for oily skin, cream for dryer skin. Tissue off or rinse off which ever you prefer.

Olay have many different ranges, and their cleansers are good to be used as a good all round cleanser


An exfoliator of some description ( I use a facial brush so I don't use an exfoliator but twice a week is good) .
Cleansing brushes. I have the Olay one. It is rad and only cost $25 from Priceline

Toner is optional, but I like them. I use either SKII facial treatment lotion or Clinique clarifying lotion.
 A serum, I use SKII facial essence, but all brands have a serum of some description and them a moisturiser. Serums don't moisturise. You ideally should have a day and night cream- day cream is lighter and night is heavier and tends to have more anti ageing stuff in it and your day cream can have an SPF. If they tend to make you break out, use a separate sunblock- but this is a not negotiable (the sunblock bit). And also remember your SPF does not add up. If you have 15+ in your moisturiser and 15+ in your foundation- you do not have 30+ coverage. You just have 15+.
Garnier is a great cheaper supermarket brand.

This is the next step up- it works well, and just use any cleanser and toner you like

This is the stuff dreams are made of. But it is very expensive. I have to buy it in stages from Strawberry Net, but it is AMAZING.


If I had to make a choice I would scrimp on the cleanser and splurge on the anti ageing products.

But maybe not this much of a splurge. This is la prairie Cellular Creme Platinum rare. It cost $1000 a jar and contains platinum, so you think for that price they could at least afford some capital letters for the brand name.I think it is called rare because it is rare that you would find anyone stupid enough to spend $1000 on a jar of skin care. If you have that much money wouldn't you just have botox?

So Al I hope that has cleared up that issue for you. In regards to you second question. If I have said it once I have said it 100 times. There is no place for Paleo at Christmas unless you are a caveman and caveman were way before Jesus. 
Amen

Laa Prairie Cellular Cream Platinum Rare, 


No comments:

Post a Comment